The Elder Scrolls Online

bp9801

The Elder Scrolls Online is currently in closed beta... they're stress testing, but there is still an NDA in place, so I can't really talk about whether I'm in it, or what I think of it.

Instead, let me tell you about these chocolate chip cookies I tried. I've had chocolate chip cookies before, and I liked them well enough... but I didn't think this particular recipe was any good. They certainly looked like chocolate chip cookies, but they didn't really taste a whole lot like chocolate chip cookies. Something about them was just... off.

I don't know, maybe if I absolutely, head-over-heel loved chocolate chip cookies, I would have liked this recipe better. Maybe I'm just not a big enough fan of chocolate chip cookies to begin for me to overlook the weird taste of this recipe. Overall I guess it just felt like this recipe was trading entirely on the established chocolate chip cookie name, rather than trying to be delicious all on its own. And so ultimately these cookies bring nothing new to the table, and everything they do, other cookies already do better.

Now, to be fair, this particular recipe is pretty new... perhaps not even quite finished yet. So I did take that into account when tasting the cookies. However, ultimately, when you put certain ingredients together in a certain way, it's pretty clear the kind of cookie you're going to get, and nothing short of major alterations will change the resulting taste. There comes a point when the baker has clearly committed to a certain concoction, and a pinch of salt here or a couple of extra minutes in the oven won't help.

Of course, recipes can evolve and change over enough time, and perhaps eventually the baker will tweak and adjust the ingredients to create something special. And I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that will just gobble these cookies up regardless. I personally just think they're bland, and not worth the asking price.

Thats how I feel about CCCs myself too, nothing I tasted made me desire to want any part of the second batch coming out of the over no matter how much the recipe has been revised.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have it installed on a different partition to the boot drive? My friend has an SSD and doesn't have 60GB free or whatever on it so the launcher won't install the game... he's trying to install it on a 1TB drive.

Yes, of course, just like all my games. Absolutely no issue.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing all weekend and I'm enjoying it. 

My account name is EddardTalos if anyone else is playing.  I'm Pacific Time.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Wife and I have been playing pretty heavy since the 5 day early access opened. The game is surprisingly stable for a MMO launch. Not had any lag issues and the problems have been easily solved with a relog the few issues we have seen. I know some are complaining of queues but neither of us have seen one ever. This is actually one of the better MMOs out right now. Will have a full review on next weeks show.

• 2 weeks later...

was just thinking if someone made a elder scrolls forum on here.... stupid me im always behind the curve.

well not reading all 17 pages of this but has anyone had any video issues with the game?   Installed the game the past Saturday night, able to play sunday after a long download but only able to play 45min or less before game or driver crash with newest NVidia drivers and beta :(   Long story short after a full reinstall of the os on Monday and most of the night last night testing video drivers I was able to get the game playable with 320.49 drivers on one 580, still no sli :(     I am able to use the second card as dedicated physics.