(FS) MSI GX 640 gaming laptop

ddkshah

and Nyt I am sure can clean this up for you in a second.

Yip, if the OP asks then I can clean up the thread for him :) But we are just trying to get a better understanding on what the price is based on and helping you in the sale :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of stock right now, but to put things in perspective for a second.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152317

OR

Just did one on HP's website. Only real difference is screen resolution compared to yours, where yours beats the HP model.

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2430M Processor (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) Turbo Boost to 3.0 GHz

• 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics [HDMI, VGA]

• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 6.0 hours of battery life +++

• 15.6" High Definition HP LED Brightview (1366x768)

• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader

• 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Price: $819.99

Sure you would have to pay tax, but shipping is free and it is of course brand new. I would drop your laptop price down to about $700 or $750 to be honest.

Edited by gebraset

Also all of the gpu's that were mentioned in this thread are 40nm parts including my 5850m. But my 5850m eats the above aforementioned gpu's. Just go to notebook check and use the 5870m as reference. They used DDR3 for the 5850m thus its lower in the chart. This laptop has 1gb of gddr5. The only difference between the 5850m and 5870m is clock speed and you can match it with an over clock of 10%. Also a clean up after everything would be nice

Edited by ddkshah

Ok I did pay $1200 the 2 years ago. So I guess 800 is a fair price? Also its your 6770 w/ 480 shaders vs my 5850 with 800 shaders at 700mhz.

Yeah $700-$800 is fairish, it's strong tech just old.

Also all of the gpu's that were mentioned in this thread are 40nm parts including my 5850m. But my 5850m eats the above aforementioned gpu's. Just go to notebook check and use the 5870m as reference. They used DDR3 for the 5850m thus its lower in the chart. This laptop has 1gb of gddr5. The only difference between the 5850m and 5870m is clock speed and you can match it with an over clock of 10%. Also a clean up after everything would be nice

Didn't you see my laptop I posted with the 560M?? That's noticeably better than the 5850M ;) but the rest you're right.

This.

ddkshah, I have a feeling you are ignoring the comparison, lol. Why don't you drop the price a bit to see if more people get interested? ;)

This.

ddkshah, I have a feeling you are ignoring the comparison, lol. Why don't you drop the price a bit to see if more people get interested? ;)

Then raise it back up and be like GOTCHA!! :woot:

Didn't you see my laptop I posted with the 560M?? That's noticeably better than the 5850M ;) but the rest you're right.

the 560m is 10% more powerful which isn't that much. I didn't ignore any comparisons but I CAN say that they are much less powerful by atleast 30-40%.

Edited by ddkshah

the 560m is 10% more powerful which isn't that much. I didn't ignore any comparisons but I CAN say that they are much less powerful by atleast 30-40%.

You didn't see that the laptop with the 560M was barely more expensive, and had superior newer tech. (here's one in stock http://www.centralcomputers.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=82466)

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, you're not seeing my point here :unsure:

ddk, in all fairness you might be better off putting the sucker on ebay or craigslist.

Craigslist is a really great option because you can list for free, at the price you want, and see if you get any takers. If your email isn't flooded with interested parties then you'll need to drop the price. Keep at it until you've got it priced somewhere near what the market will bear.

I feel your pain. It hurts to sell good hardware that you paid a pretty penny for at a fraction of what you think it's worth.

Personally (for me anyway) the market here has been pretty tight.