PC vs My inebriation

sYstEmATiC

Well, I was having some stability issues (narrowed down to mb) so I decided to figure out what the problem was.....while drunk. While pulling out the 2nd video card, I didn't have the release tab down all the way and pulled too hard (Not as hard as you might think). The result is in the pic. Sorry for the bad quality, I was still inebriated when I took this picture, and I used my phone.

Fortunately, it still works and since it was the 8x second pcie slot, there were no pins on the portion that got broken off. I was able to super glue it back together and you cant even tell it was broken. I had to make it look like it wasn't broken because the board is unstable at times, and recently, the ethernet port stopped working. With that being said, an RMA is in order. LOL BTW, the system this happened to is the one in my sig.

Moral of this story...Don't work on your pc while drunk!

post-3364-0-09868800-1332546300_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You remind me of my brother.. Except your computer survived.

He plays PS3 and XBOX 360, but he only plays drunk. One day he tried ejecting a disc, and kept hitting the power button. Got mad that it wasn't opening, so he took a pair of pliers and ripped the disc drive open..

Needless to say, he ripped it completely out like the Hulk, and destroyed his 360 in the process..

Yet he still drinks and plays..

At least he quit drinking and driving. Now he drinks THEN drives instead xD.

Well, I was having some stability issues (narrowed down to mb) so I decided to figure out what the problem was.....while drunk. While pulling out the 2nd video card, I didn't have the release tab down all the way and pulled too hard (Not as hard as you might think). The result is in the pic. Sorry for the bad quality, I was still inebriated when I took this picture, and I used my phone.

Fortunately, it still works and since it was the 8x second pcie slot, there were no pins on the portion that got broken off. I was able to super glue it back together and you cant even tell it was broken. I had to make it look like it wasn't broken because the board is unstable at times, and recently, the ethernet port stopped working. With that being said, an RMA is in order. LOL BTW, the system this happened to is the one in my sig.

*insert slow, sarcastic clap here*

But... but... being drunk and doing things is pretty much all I do! :O

Totally reminded me of this:

Professor: If you were to kill your grandfather, you would cease to exist.

Fry: But existing is basically all I do!

speak of the devil. I'm drunk right now, and I'm pretty much about to pass out. I drank a large amount of vodka, and I dunno were I'm goin gwith this.

protip:

drunk posting is almost as good an idea as drunk texting