[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

I like chargers but they only come in automatic, so they're out of the question.

If I had 18,000 to spend on a car, I'd probably go for a Pontiac GTO, maybe a Honda S2000, RX-7 or even an RX-8.

Sil80?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Generally."

Because Hondas are FWD and if I wanted a FWD race car, I could just keep the GTI. I also don't like 4 cylinder engines, I'd much rather have a v8 or straight 6.

Beggars can't be choosers.

A FWD car can handle as well or better than other powertrain setups as long as they are setup properly and you know how to drive.

If you think all Hondas are FWD you've obviously never paid attention to any Hondas. :lol:

I like chargers but they only come in automatic, so they're out of the question.

If I had 18,000 to spend on a car, I'd probably go for a Pontiac GTO, maybe a Honda S2000, RX-7 or even an RX-8.

What's your budget right now?

BTW RX-7's and 8's are okay but those rotary motors I hear are a pain to work on and eat gas like it's their job.

S2000 is a great car, you could find a good used one for ~12k, but are tiny inside, I remember I sat in one and I'm 6'1", it was just so small.. but would be a great track car!

Pontiac GTO, it's GM, so what more is there to say? :lol:

Edited by MJCRO

Beggars can't be choosers.

A FWD car can handle as well or better than other powertrain setups as long as they are setup properly and you know how to drive.

If you think all Hondas are FWD you've obviously never paid attention to any Hondas. :lol:

If you had read an earlier post I made, I mentioned the Honda S2000 and saying that I would consider getting one. I also said that I would never race a FWD car. I'll let you put the pieces together.

BTW RX-7's and 8's are okay but those rotary motors I hear are a pain to work on and eat gas like it's their job.

S2000 is a great car, you could find a good used one for ~12k, but are tiny inside, I remember I sat in one and I'm 6'1", it was just so small.. but would be a great track car!

Those were just a couple options. I like the S2000 a lot, and I'd fit just fine in it, since I'm 5'7. :lol:

And yeah, the GTO is GM, so it's a great car! :P Corvette engine, camaro suspension, and lighter body? Sign me up!

Quite the contrary, rotarys are simpler, with fewer moving parts. But the RX-8 needs 7k RPM to enjoy the powerband. BTW the s2000 IS a four cylinder, a great one, but 4 cyl no less. The GTO, Aussie, rebadged Holden Monaro. And a 6 liter monster.

Quite the contrary, rotarys are simpler, with fewer moving parts. But the RX-8 needs 7k RPM to enjoy the powerband. BTW the s2000 IS a four cylinder, a great one, but 4 cyl no less. The GTO, Aussie, rebadged Holden Monaro. And a 6 liter monster.

I know the S2000 is a 4 cylinder, but it's a car I'd be willing to make an exception for. And yeah, I know about the GTO. Aussies have some good cars, it's a shame we don't have them here.

I know the S2000 is a 4 cylinder, but it's a car I'd be willing to make an exception for. And yeah, I know about the GTO. Aussies have some good cars, it's a shame we don't have them here.

How much is a 2005 gto for you guys? its still around $30k for a monaro second hand here and was $60k new

Quite the contrary, rotarys are simpler, with fewer moving parts.

And they eat rotor seals like they're candy. :lol:

I also said that I would never race a FWD car. I'll let you put the pieces together.

Focusing that much on a specific powertrain just doesn't make sense to me. Sorry. :dunno:

The GTO is a nice car but it's a lumbering beast on a track. The back tires aren't wide enough, the suspension is sloppy, and the steering is numb as all get out. The only real thing it's got going for it is gobs of power at pretty much any RPM. :lol:

The GTO is a nice car but it's a lumbering beast on a track. The back tires aren't wide enough, the suspension is sloppy, and the steering is numb as all get out. The only real thing it's got going for it is gobs of power at pretty much any RPM. :lol:

On my budget, it's not about being fast at the track anymore, it's just about having fun. And with a 6 liter v8 and rear tires of that size, this car is a LOT of fun. I've driven one on an empty lot and it put a huge smile on my face. The only car I had more fun with thrashing around a lot was either the nissan 370z or a stage 2 mustang gt.