stock i5 2500k fan cant pass 2000RPM

hi

im new here so dont get angry with my question ^_^

my problem that my stock i5 2500k fan cant pass 2000RPM at load and idle -Smart fan disabled- it can go lower but not higher ?

I have MSI Z68A GD55 G3

so can you help me ??

^ Cause, that stock cooler is nothing but a cr@p. It would have been a better option if 2500K & 2600K are being sold without the 'cooler'.

Edited by d6bmg

Why blame them for a product that functions exactly as specified?

Exactly!

^ Cause, that stock cooler is nothing but a cr@p. It would have been a better option if 2500K & 2600K are being sold without the 'cooler'.

It may be crap for our intents and purposes but when used as specified it will work fine and allow the chip to run within its thermal boundaries all day long for as long as it may live. Intel have been pretty good about building cooling solutions that will let their product live a long and fruitful lifespan in all these poorly ventilated builder systems.

^ You are absolutely right.

But what I mean to say when they are selling unlocked processor, they should assume that these processors are not for those who will run the chips in their specified boundaries. :P Ain't it right? Stock cooler will not be a problem with S or T series processors, but for K series ones, well, that's what I'm talking about.

p.s. seems to be a bit more ot.

But what I mean to say when they are selling unlocked processor, they should assume that these processors are not for those who will run the chips in their specified boundaries. :P Ain't it right? Stock cooler will not be a problem with S or T series processors, but for K series ones, well, that's what I'm talking about.

Well you do realize people can and do buy Alienware desktops with unlocked CPUs and if you bother to crack them open the stock heat sync is there smiling at you.

Just because it's unlocked doesn't mean in will be overclocked. Even in a "gaming" prebuilt.

Most prebuilts, the rigs the majority of average buyers have only stock cooling and too much of the time no case fans. Also companies strive to sell you crap you won't use ie higher end CPUs because you will "need it" as well as ridiculous amounts of ram which they sometimes install with 32 bit OS which is stupid.

The coolers work but not well enough for the enthusiast and over clocking community. Which I don't know I guess regrettably isn't the dominant market share for companies.

• Like 1

The last "K" series cpu (3930k) I got didnt have a cooling solution included with it :)

(it would have been added to my collection of stock fhs on a shelf anway.)

Still a lot of them get run at stock speeds

Well you do realize people can and do buy Alienware desktops with unlocked CPUs and if you bother to crack them open the stock heat sync is there smiling at you.

Just because it's unlocked doesn't mean in will be overclocked. Even in a "gaming" prebuilt.

Most prebuilts, the rigs the majority of average buyers have only stock cooling and too much of the time no case fans. Also companies strive to sell you crap you won't use ie higher end CPUs because you will "need it" as well as ridiculous amounts of ram which they sometimes install with 32 bit OS which is stupid.

The coolers work but not well enough for the enthusiast and over clocking community. Which I don't know I guess regrettably isn't the dominant market share for companies.

The last "K" series cpu (3930k) I got didnt have a cooling solution included with it :)

(it would have been added to my collection of stock fhs on a shelf anway.)

Why do you think they did not include one on the 3960 and 3930? They knew these chips were going to the extreme user who would not use the stock thermal solution.