What's the difference between a Phenom II and a Sandy Bridge?

They need to give people passes so we can automatically get to the next tier of the conversation.

Operator: Are you OCC certified?

Customer: Yes I am.

Operator: We'll send you a new one right away. Thank you for your business.

I think that's called being Frank or Dave :lol:

I doubt Intel could do it though, trusting some kind of third party certification, just for fear of abuse and because no one here works for Intel (to my knowledge). There wouldn't be much accountability for the person, and the potential time/money it could take for the silly stuff to get through if the problem doesn't deserve much attention.

That being said though, I would love to see it happen, especially because then the suggested solution could be more creative than what we get now. For example, I was having issues with nVidia drivers (again) and the person actually told in the last suggestion to reinstall the drivers by double-clicking. What ended up working was Driver Sweeper and removing the custom clocks on the GTS 250, which was a suggestion from someone on the forum. I strongly doubt Driver Sweeper is suggested by any official customer support, but it would be awesome if it were. (Before you say I should have done that originally, the issue appeared to be related to one from months ago which I did try to fix that way, with no luck, so I didn't try it again, thinking the issue I had was simply more persistent than I'd have liked.)

Glad to hear you're getting a new 2600 Waco!

Indeed! I did get shuffled between 5 different techs...the first one wanted me to buy new memory to check that it wouldn't work. :lol: I had to spend 15 minutes explaining that yes, my memory is Intel certified, and yes, it runs "within specifications" as long as the XMP mode is disabled (which it was when I cleared my CMOS). He eventually relented and said "I will say I believe that you have tested with compatible memory". :lol: I'm waiting on a call back to verify my credit card information and hopefully I'll have a new CPU tomorrow or Wednesday. :cheers:

Nice!

Indeed! I did get shuffled between 5 different techs...the first one wanted me to buy new memory to check that it wouldn't work. :lol: I had to spend 15 minutes explaining that yes, my memory is Intel certified, and yes, it runs "within specifications" as long as the XMP mode is disabled (which it was when I cleared my CMOS). He eventually relented and said "I will say I believe that you have tested with compatible memory". :lol: I'm waiting on a call back to verify my credit card information and hopefully I'll have a new CPU tomorrow or Wednesday. :cheers:

:pfp:

Even to the Intel techs everything is about memory...

Nice that you are getting a new CPU maybe the next will be able to actually overclock :P

They need to give people passes so we can automatically get to the next tier of the conversation.

Oh dear god if only! I am so sick of talking to a tech and he is asking me stuff about if I have rebooted when I am trying to explain that I have run a memory test and failed within 30 seconds. I have had this kind of crap so often that now I start every conversation with a preface that this is how I make my living and I do not need them to tell me what is wrong, I already know. i need them to issue an RMA.

Then some moron still wants to walk me through their flow chart for idiots trouble shooting guide. evilgrin.gif

Then some moron still wants to walk me through their flow chart for idiots trouble shooting guide. evilgrin.gif

They have to do their job I guess. When the tech told me to BUY some slow-ass memory to make sure it wasn't my memory (this was after I told him I tried various sticks known-working memory) I laughed at him. :lol:

Well I'm on hold now but they're going to next-day cross-ship me a new 2600K. :cheers:

Congrats. Its quick!

:rofl:

I think that's called being Frank or Dave :lol:

I think those two have a direct number for that kind of stuff. :P:lol:

@Waco, nice to know you're getting the new CPU so fast. Now remember, don't fry this one within the first 90 days. Or set it on fire.

Now remember, don't fry this one within the first 90 days. Or set it on fire.

OT: question, what is this 90 days warning? Their new RMA policy? :unsure:

Or, it is old which I don't know?

Edited by d6bmg