Could i play these?

TheMainPimp

I have a GTX 570 @ 797/1950/1594 (i think)

I have played a few games like GTA IV, MOH etc but the card gets loud and hot in GTA IV.. i get 30-40 fps while not recording but when fraps is enabled.. 18-35 fps but thats probably because my case is not cooled nicely. 1 intake fan.

I am getting a new case soon so.. i hope my GPU lasts till march.

Since the cards gets hot in MOH and GTA IV and GTA IV seems to trigger ASUS anti-surge after 30 minutes of play so i disabled it so.. strange.

Would i be able to play: BFBC2, BF3, ALL Call of Duty's? without frying my card or CPU etc (AMD FX 4100 @ 4Ghz)

the intake fan is small aswell but i can take the side window off and put a big fan (one that you use to keep cool in summer etc) and point it towards it but im worried about hairs and dust.

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP.

A GTX570 should handle all those in 1920x1080 with no problem. But since you're having an issue, please tell us:

-What Brand of Card do you have (MSI/ASUS w/ TFIII/DCII coolers?)

-What kind of screen do you have

-What type/brand of case do you have and what case did you order

-What type of board do you have (not really neccessary)

-Do you have some kind of software that may limit CPU/GPU while gaming

-Have you updated your drive to the newest?

:cheers:

A GTX570 should handle all those in 1920x1080 with no problem. But since you're having an issue, please tell us:

-What Brand of Card do you have (MSI/ASUS w/ TFIII/DCII coolers?)

-What kind of screen do you have

-What type/brand of case do you have and what case did you order

-What type of board do you have (not really neccessary)

-Do you have some kind of software that may limit CPU/GPU while gaming

-Have you updated your drive to the newest?

:cheers:

Palit GTX 570 overclocked.. stressed and stable. (Dual Fans)

ACER 1440 X 900 (19 inch)

Its a galaxy gamer case.. i don't know model etc.

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Software may limit? ummmm, not as far as i know. seems to hit its true clockspeeds when in a game thats what vTune, EVGA PRECISION says anyway.

Yes it is.

I have not tried playing the games i mentioned only MOH, Minecraft & GTA IV also Left 4 Dead 2. i did some research and i noticed GTA IV isn't designed for PC but its playable & loud and i seem to get power surges from the MOBO ANTI SURGE feature so i disabled it and its all good. but still want to know if those games will burn my card IF i played them right now.

everytime i check GPU temp after i leave the GTA IV game.. its usually around 70's but thats when i leave.

For BFBC2 it will be fine. I have a GTX 560 ti with practically no air flow playing at max settings at 1900 by 1200. No problems so far, and since your 570 would need to work as hard as my 560 ti to achieve max settings, it will probably run cooler too.

As for the rest of the games, I have no clue.

I've got a gtx 570 @ stock, they're a great card.

Get yourself MSI Afterburner and set up a custom fan speed profile

settings > fan tab > enable user defined

as a guide here's what ive set mine to.

msis.jpg

i gaming at 1920x1080 i never get temps above 70C which is well within the safe range for that card. Also at those settings the fan is inaudible over my case fans, all of which are on low, until it hits about 65C. But even then you'll only hear it if you dont have any sound or headphones on.

I should point out I have an antec 1200 with a couple of the stock fans replaced with lower noise, higher airflow Noctua fans and I sit about 2m away from my tower, your results may vary.

I know when the card is getting hot because its louder than a jet taking off.. u have to hold my pc down because it starts rising off the floor :P

I tried MSI but still gets hot.. i'm sure its the case which is making it because it is kinda poorly ventilated but i cant help it apart from wait for $$ to roll in..

I looked at a comment saying someone is getting 75 FPS on GTX 570 when i barely get 45.. when i record i get 18 - 35 MAX and without FRAPS... probably about 32-40 (in not busy areas of the game) still playable but i dont want the card to die on me..

I know when the card is getting hot because its louder than a jet taking off.. u have to hold my pc down because it starts rising off the floor :P

I tried MSI but still gets hot.. i'm sure its the case which is making it because it is kinda poorly ventilated but i cant help it apart from wait for $$ to roll in..

I looked at a comment saying someone is getting 75 FPS on GTX 570 when i barely get 45.. when i record i get 18 - 35 MAX and without FRAPS... probably about 32-40 (in not busy areas of the game) still playable but i dont want the card to die on me..

well your solutions are to reduce your overclock, lower overclock = less heat or 2 get a case with better airflow.

unless i'm blind, you never posted what processor you have. sometimes the CPU bottlenecks your performance. my q6600 at stock 2.4ghz definitely bottlenecks my gtx570, but at 3.2ghz i get much better performance