Kitting myself out with Koolance. First timer

ghostcorps

That will be the Koolance shroud you suggested. I didn't need to draw it in, I just used the stencil for it to cut out the holes so I could get the spacing right.

Okay in that case the rad will actually be inside the case with one set of fans and it will be practically brushing the vrm waterblock. Not the massive amount of clearance in your model otherwise looking good.

Okay in that case the rad will actually be inside the case with one set of fans and it will be practically brushing the vrm waterblock. Not the massive amount of clearance in your model otherwise looking good.

Thanks :) I was meaning to ask about that. The only measurement I had to go on was 60mm high, so I gave it 50 clearance up top. Ill move it down now :)

Edited by ghostcorps

Final model (?) including angled fittings and re-positioned radiator.

The hoses are way to much trouble to draw, but the lines are good enough.

Now To find a decent price for all this!!

CPU: Koolance CPU-370

MOBO: Koolance MB-ASSTX79 Full Coverage Waterblock for the ASUS Sabertooth X79

GPU: Koolance VID-AR797 Full Coverage Water Block the ATi Radeon HD 7970

Pump: Koolance PMP-450 (MCP655 / laing d5)

Reservoir: XSPC Premium Acrylic Reservoir for Laing D5 Pumps

Radiator: Swiftech MCR320 + MCR120

Fans: Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 8

Drain: Koolance Drain Valve VLV-XTSPLB

Straight fitting: EK-PSC Fitting 13mm - G1/4 - 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD Black x14

Angle Adapter: EK-PSC Adapter 45° G1/4 Black x12

Hose: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT Tubing Black 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD

Shroud: Koolance SHR-1020BK 3x120mm Fan Radiator Shroud

---

Surely I haven't missed anything this time?

Between PCCG, Gammods & Greenboxit the best I can do comes out around $1100... Quite a bit over my budget, I'll have to buy it in lots over the next month or two :(

Any suggestions on how I can do better? :)

imo i would take out those angled fittings, you really only need them when dealing with very tight bends etc, but the primoflex will easily be able to handle all the bends on your schematic you posted.

it adds a fair bit of cost and a fair bit of restriction, so i would just go without

Wow! $1100? :pfp:

You could do without the fans in push-pull, it's really not that huge of a gain over just push or just pull. You could dump half the fans and the fan shroud.

Also, you probably don't need angle adapters for all your fittings, I'd say probably half of them if you are smart about your routing. Plus, instead of getting angle adapters and then straights fittings, you could get 45 degree rotary fittings, that might reduce your costs, and will definitely reduce the chance that you'll spring a leak as you'll be taking 6 or so connections out of your loop.

One more thing, I think you need 15 compression fittings total, and you'll need a clamp for where your tubing mounts onto your pump. You have 4 blocks (8 fittings), two radiators (4 fittings), the drain valve (2 fittings), then the pump top reservoir (1 fitting), that's how I came up with 15 total, then of course the pump outlet is a barb, that's why you need a clamp. Then of course some biocide, distilled water (can probably get this locally), and a plastic squeeze bottle with a small nozzle for filling your reservoir. You can also get a dye if you want to go that route.

Thanks Guys,

I was about to say I like the look of the angled adapters, which is why I just put them everywhere but then Niko mentioned that there would be a greater chance of springing a leak. That is not so cool... the rotary fittings were pretty dear when I looked, but if I only have a couple it might be a more sensible option.

Dropping 4 fans and the shroud will help the price significantly. I can always add them later if need be. :)

The pump is connected directly to the reservoir which can accept compression fittings on the inlet and outlet, as shown

[update:] The only angles I think I should need are on the VRM, CPU, and primary chipset. Everything else is pretty straight or a large arc.

Down to $935 :)

Edited by ghostcorps