scr4wl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Taco, looks like I lied :evilgrin: This chip can run a 54 Multi :biggrin:

I have broke 6.5mins, with this 6min 27sec SuperPi 32M run :woo:

And now I hate you. :P

I haven't really pushed my 2600k, but I doubt I was lucky enough to get a good chip like yours. And that 2700k I had maxed out at a 53 multi regardless of the voltages. :(

I haven't really pushed my 2600k, but I doubt I was lucky enough to get a good chip like yours. And that 2700k I had maxed out at a 53 multi regardless of the voltages. :(

What are the highest voltages that are safe to run at? I was running at 1.55, can I go higher?

What are the highest voltages that are safe to run at? I was running at 1.55, can I go higher?

As long as your temps stay below 80 (its supposed to be 70, but 80 is fine as well) the voltages don't really matter, especially as you won't be using them long.

More volts doesn't necessarily mean stability, or the ability to get to a higher multi though. The 2600ks that can do 54, 55, and 56 are pretty hard to find.

So unless it's safe to go above 1.55v for a short amount of time

Well, I'm kinda crazy, so you might not want to take CPU voltage advice from me....My philosophy is temps > voltage, meaning if my cpu temps are still in check, then i will keep adding voltage..up to a certain point. I prob would go any higher than 1.6v and only for a very short time with my temps in control. But, with a Thermochill PA 120.3 cooling my CPU, that makes it much easier :teehee:

Not good enough you need to get into the top 500

I like how it says "out of thousands" :rofl: But, you already know I will be trying :evilgrin:

This was a random 2600K that came in a SB system that I basically stole off of CL...I got retardedly lucky :whistling:

You all are lucky , my watercooling only arrives on Wednesday and the contest ends on that day :P If my WC was up and running, none of you would have stood a chance :evilgrin:

You all are lucky , my watercooling only arrives on Wednesday and the contest ends on that day :P If my WC was up and running, none of you would have stood a chance :evilgrin:

I'll do another one soon after this one ends :)

Actually have to say No to this. Like Taco sd, SuperPi 32M is a single core benchmark, so OC is the def determining factor on score. So unless that 6 core chip you got was hitting 5.4GHz, then you would have been toast by my beast 2600K :P