E8400 vs Q9300

I do photoshop and graphics (which supports quad core) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64x and do moderate gaming...

as I was wondering if a quad core would run faster than a higher clock speed dual core....

Definitely quad-core all the way with photoshop. Photoshop looooves more cores.

Yeah....By the way I have a Geforce 8800GTX 768mb instead of the palit now(havent had time to change sig)...And the reason I haven't gone and sold the quad and gpu already is because they're my dad's parts he uses to build PCs...:)...and for the gaming I do doesn't really require a super GPU (tdu2..lol...and some other driving sims)....but really I do graphics and Im starting java...so it depends really I don't really do what an average 16yr old does(ie. play games all the time...;)..)

And I understand where you guys are coming from....I should have put more info, but it was more of a quick post after I found the cpu...

But thanks for all your input :thumbsup:

Edited by Il_napoletano

No info in post or sig in regards to monitor, what if hes playing on a 15" 1280x1024 CRT monitor, and his problem is CPU bottlenecking at low resolutions, that a better video card would only make worse?!?!? Who's not getting additional information now! You're gamer advice is invalid. OH BURN! evilgrin.gifrofl.gif JK

Selling old hardware is simple enough, but almost never at the price you want. I highly doubt he'd get $125 for that Q9300, prolly get $40 for that 9800GTX+ though.

Btw I use an Eizo ColorEdge CE240W...a quality piece of kit....;)

Btw I use an Eizo ColorEdge CE240W...a quality piece of kit....;)

whoa.gif Thats a real nice monitor! I hope you enjoyed our "Flame war" as Wardozerx put it, lolol. I certainly had fun with it!

You gotta come back and let us know how the over clocking of that Q9300 goes, its not unheard of for those chips to hit 4.0GHz!

Yorkfields are just two Wofldale die on the same package. The Q9300 has 3 MB of L2 per die versus the 6 MB on the E8400...but that usually doesn't make much difference in gaming.

That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. ;)

whoa.gif Thats a real nice monitor! I hope you enjoyed our "Flame war" as Wardozerx put it, lolol. I certainly had fun with it!

You gotta come back and let us know how the over clocking of that Q9300 goes, its not unheard of for those chips to hit 4.0GHz!

yeah i did....lol.......ego vs ego.....lol

i will do....:thumbsup:

once again thanks everyone for their input

I do photoshop and graphics (which supports quad core) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64x and do moderate gaming...

as I was wondering if a quad core would run faster than a higher clock speed dual core....

This reason is more than enough to force you to go with that C2Q processor.

With quality cooler ofc. :evilgrin:

I have a Zerotherm Btf90 over 150w and a Koolance Cpu-340..unknown wattage....

the zerotherm which keeps my load temps of my E8400 @ 4.1Ghz max of 52C

Edited by Il_napoletano