Have you ever been satisfied with a pc you built?

neddamttocs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been satisfied with a pc you built?

• Yes
    • No

Even if you buy the best-of-the-best for every component, a month later, something new is going to come out - that's just the state of the industry. I don't understand why that should cause one not to be satisfied with their build.

Yep, and thats not why i voted no. I voted not simply because i had to cut way to many corners just to get a functioning pc. I don't want the best i just want to get a solid dependable build that doesn't make me flinch when i look at it.(beige monster)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I answered yes because I always try to have a realistic expectation of what I have built. Baring a complete failure to boot I expect the components to function.

The only build I have been unsatisfied with is one I had used a motherboard from a brand new company that was just complete hell to keep going after fiddling with it for a day to get it to boot, so I went back and got an ASUS mobo so I could get on with the build. As long as the components I chose play nicely without becoming sapient and trying to drive me insane, I'm happy with a build. I won't go into my satisfaction with mods though, I'm a perfectionist that has learned that in my effort to make it right down to the last detail I will unwittingly ruin it slowly :whistling: When no one else notices the little flaws you have to call it good, or else the ruining begins.

I voted yes. I have only built one computer and it was 6 years ago. As far as I was concerned it was at the top of its class. I know now that I was wrong but I was very happy. I went from a computer that could hardly run Half-Life to a computer that could top out the Graphics and then some. Sure there were cut backs. It was my first build so I did not know how the different HDDs would effect it. I could only afford one video card. Although it was one of the best video cards at the time. It was a MSI 7800GTX 256 Ram.

As the computer got older I was amazed at how it could still play the new games. I may have had to lower the Graphics but it still played them. So my answer is YES. I was very satisfied with it and I am going to be Very satisfied with the computer that I am going to build in a month. It wont be the best of the best but it wont matter. I will enjoy it as if it were.

Computers are like cars. You love the one you just got but there will always be more that you would like to own. My dad has had over 50 cars and he will never be satisfied. He will always be buying, selling, and trading.