Have you ever been satisfied with a pc you built?

neddamttocs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been satisfied with a pc you built?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no. I've never been able to keep up with hardware the way I would like to.

My first build was made with a lot of ignorance, using a Phenom 9500, that thing was simply depression in a bottle really.

My second build, current, I have some good parts that I'm happy with but just don't have the money to upgrade everything I would like, mainly the video card. Kind of hard to keep up with technology when it costs an arm and a leg for a single part.

Did as well as I could afford it not how I wanted it and then something better comes along and my satisfaction levels drop accordingly. :rolleyes:

Even if you buy the best-of-the-best for every component, a month later, something new is going to come out - that's just the state of the industry. I don't understand why that should cause one not to be satisfied with their build.

There will forever be updates to any rig you build...in theory some of you will just never be satisfied. I enjoy every rig I put together whether it's top of the line or not. You should always be happy with the build you set up, whether you could afford all the parts you wanted or not. :cheers:

I'm really picky when it comes to hardware, so no, I have never really been satisfied.

For example, a few months ago I though one SSD wasn't enough so I got 4 Crucial m4s, LSI 9265-8i and put them in RAID0. It made my computer fast as hell but increased my boot times by 3-5s. :angry:

I am extremely Happy with my rig.

Shadowtroop1297740030red-5-jpg.jpg

I pretty much built it so i wouldnt have to upgrade for 3-4 years and its holding up just fine.

the only problem i had was the shortage of memory but the OCC Christmas contest fixed that :D

I'm surprised at all the "No" votes. If you weren't satisfied, then you didn't do it right.

I gotta agree with you on this.... but if I had not built other rigs along side mine and benched them against one another I wouldnt have know of its less than stellar performance...especially being it should be a more powerful rig but only by a slight margin...

if this would have been the only rig then I may have voted yes as i wouldnt know ;)

I ticked no because I think I should have got the DS3 motherboard, and not the S3 allowing a better overclock. But tbh, it's a pretty old rig and apart from the latest games, it still boots and runs quickly, most programs open instantly and I can wizz about at my usual speed, which is something to be said for a 5 year old computer. So yea, I'm probably very satisfied with it now, but I wasn't initially, and it is has had everything except the cpu and mobo changed since it was new.

No. There's ALWAYS room for improvement. Besides that, I like a multitude of cases: too many to really be satisfied by just one build.

Edit: There's a difference between being happy and satisfied. I'm VERY happy with my rig, but I won't ever be satisfied.

Edited by iskout

absolutely yes, it was night and day since i moved from Pentium D 820/9800gt combo :thumbsup:

tho it's not that special / #ss kicker, but how it kept me busy and learning along the way maintaining it made it 'priceless' for me :biggrin: