Need a very nice monitor, anyone heard of doublesight?

I was looking at this monitor here

doublesight

one guy says its MVA, one guy says its H-IPS and one guy says its a samsung....

uhhh

another problem is one of the guys said I need a Accell Display port to DVI-D Dual-Link adapter

I have a late unibody 2008 macbook pro

it has a crappy Geforce 9600M GT

I have a minidisplay port to DVI adapter, but its a single

supposedly it has Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter

is that going to work? The accel thing requires USB?

I dont plan to game, I'm sure the 1600 resolution is going to bring the graphic card to a stand still, but I think it should be fine for photo editing? I have an intel T9600

Other choices I was looking at the Apple 27" with thunderbolt or maybe a Dell U3011 anyone have a coupon?

I would like a NEC but they seem way overpriced

should I go with a 27" to save some money? about 300$ or more

With the contrast ratio on that thing I really could not care less with it's size/pixel count to me that much money on that is really not worth it.

You can get plenty of different 1080p monitors, 3D too with great contrast and colours at around the 3-400 mark or 6-700 if you go with one of the high quality ips panels, a much better investment.

I do realize that you want all the size and picked to make photo editing easier but that screen really doesn't cut it with it's specs for what they are charging.

What kind of display are you looking for exactly? it the 2560 x 1600 a must or a HD would do just fine?

If it's compability that worries you and you need a high quality for photo editing then dosen't Apple's 27" thunderbolt display tick all the boxes?

But if you're not interested in Apple's, maybe you could wait for the new Samsung 9 Series...

http://www.buy.com/prod/samsung-t240hd-toc-touch-of-color-24-widescreen-lcd-monitor-10-000-1/208166509.html

Here is the one I use for Photo editing. It is probably the best picture quality I have ever seen.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001523

Even something like this will still be good. I mean as long as you are going with a screen with a resolution greater than 1920 by 1080, you will have a good screen for photo editing. Not even half the photo editing professionals I work with have a screen any better than some cheap crappy dell one. So I truly do believe you will be fine with any screen.

thanks for the replies

anyone know the difference between the new u2412M and the older u2410, the old one costs 200$ more

I looked for some Dell coupons but they are all expired

I found this site Dealzon though,not sure how reliable it is

Edited by potatochobit

The U2412M is an eIPS panel, the older U2410 is an H-IPS panel.

Basically the U2410 is a higher quality display.

Us 2 of them at work and love em! would highly recommend! Have a ton of inputs too, if you need that sorta thing...

am I also going to need dual-link DVI cables?

regular DVI cables that are not shielded will not work like a DVI-D cable with this high resolution, right?

from this pic it doesnt look like Dell comes with them, I dont understand why they would give me a VGA cable...

I need to hook the monitor up to this dual link adapter I was recommended

Edited by potatochobit