SRT + SSD

Kingfisher

Would it benefit to use a 32 gb ssd as cache for a 128gb boot drive ?

Yes, as long as the 128 GB is a regular HDD. Because SRT stores frequently used data to the SSD and reads it from the SSD after that point, then any mechanical hard drive will benefit so long as it is above the storage space of the SSD. So as long as you have frequently used data (ie boot files from windows) that can be stored on the SSD, you will see a performance increase.

I am not totally sure what you are asking, but the answer is still no. In no way is caching an SSD with another SSD a good idea.

Strictly talking about an ssd used as cache with a mechanical hard drive.

Never mind , you are a pain in the butt sometimes.

I've seen enough

I've seen enough

Would have been a good idea to clarify that when you asked.

Also would have been good to state in your first post that you were originally talking about caching one SSD with another.

Moving from that to caching a HDD instead of an SSD you did not enlighten anyone to what it was you wanted to know.

As to your questions of would write speeds matter, I am with Tj what on earth are you asking?

Is it the write speeds of the HDD or is it write speeds of an SSD. If it's HDD having a fast or slow one isn't going to affect it's ability to be user with intel SRT. If it's the SSD again it's write speeds won't affect it's ability to be used although they will affect how much benifit it will give along with all sorts of other factors.

Please clarify what you want to know and provide some sort of reference if you want some meaningful help and input.

One more question, would write speeds matter to the ssd used as cache?

I doubt it. Since you would be reading from a hard drive that would still be your bottleneck unless you have a REALLY slow SSD. A cache SSD is used mainly for having quick access to files if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen enough

Dude, your English sucks. Mine isn't great so I won't fault you for it entirely, but you are impossible to understand some times. I already knew you were talking about SSDs and caching one with another, but when you say write speeds, write speeds of what? The caching drive or the drive that you are trying to cache? Either way it won't make one bit of difference. SRT only improves the READ speed of a drive because you are storing frequently accessed data on a SSD ( which is fast) to read from. The only writing that occurs would be the user writes to the main drive, and the data from the main drive is written to the caching drive. SRT would affect neither of the writing scenarios. The only thing (which is why I was curious about your question) that I could see as being an impact on performance at all would be how fast the data could be written to a caching SSD to be utilized. In that sort of a situation though, you are only going to be talking about performance write speeds in terms of optimizing SRT for reading data rather than optimizing YOUR experience for writing data. There are maybe 3 situations where caching a SSD with another SSD would even be worth the time, and I really don't see your situation being on of the three.

So again I end with the answer which is caching an SSD with another SSD is a really bad idea.