Water Cooling Dyes

NikoDG

Heard lots of horror stories about them gumming up waterblocks, and staining tubing, reservoirs, etc.

I havent had any issues with the dye's i run in one of my systems..

Pre-mixes on the other hand are a different thing. I went ahead and tried to pre-mix a while back to see if it was realy as bad as some people where saying and I have to say, yea. I ran one system with just distilled water and a dye, the other with a premix.. the distiled water and dye had no issues and is still running as I set it up.. the pre-mix one plugged up the block so bad the system would hit temps over 80c at idle...and thats after 6-8 months... when I pulled the block apart to clean it I had to chip the junk off it.

it really depends on if you're willing to take the risk (however sleight it may be) with your loop. For me i'm using coloured tubes, res that looks better with clear water and blocks that have metal tops, so I won't be running dyes, but its really up to you

I have seen pics of clogged up blocks etc. I dont use it for that reason, lots of people use it say it works fine but I wonder how many of those have actually taken apart the blocks and looked a year or so latter?