Its finally done! Pics and Benchmarks soon to come.

DrDigitized2

AHHH, I found a flaw with my plan. The cutout in my case is to small for me to install my water cooling bracket to the Mobo while its in the case. Now I am going to have to take out all my wires and take off the GPU and ram. Well at least I know where to route my wires. :teehee:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHH, I found a flaw with my plan. The cutout in my case is to small for me to install my water cooling bracket to the Mobo while its in the case. Now I am going to have to take out all my wires and take off the GPU and ram. Well at least I know where to route my wires. :teehee:

ohhhhhhhhhhh that is going to suck. Every time you want to re-seat the CPU block you will have to take out the mobo. :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Its not something that I am going to do often. It just sucks that I have to do it this time. I guess I could take a drimle to it but I think thats a little extreme.

It depends. How much do you need to cut off for it to be a proper cut out? If it is only like an inch or so, go ahead and do it if you feel comfortable.

the dremel will spread nice metal flakes on the backside of you mobo son don't do it with components in the case...

On a side note, i forgot to mount the heatsink on a athlon xp once during a windows install, nothing really happened, but those chips only used a fraction of the power of modern chips :teehee:

Edit: Typou

Edited by medbor

the dremel will spread nice metal flakes on the backside of you mobo son don't do it with components in the case...

On a side note, i forgot to mount the heatsink on a athlon xp once during a windows install, nothing really happened, but those chips only used a fraction of the power of modern chips :teehee:

Do you mean you didn't hook up the fan? Because IIRC the Athlon XPs, at least the first ones, didn't have any thermal protection and would burn almost instantly.

ha,ha, those athlon's were rugged, I forgot to plug in my cpu fan and the pc worked for about 45 min and then it just locked up. Pluged in the fan and ran great for another year. :biggrin:

I need a hug. I feel like crying. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: After all my hard work. At least 9 hours of building my computer, Running all my wires so they would look good from the front, Figuring how to set up my water cooler that had horrible instructions, and I even started filling up the water just to find out the PSU doesn't work :mfp: Now I am going to have to take all my PSU wires out and try to make everything fit in the box just to send it back for a new one and do it all over again. Anyone want to be the sholuder I :cry: on?