21 members have voted

1. 1. ASUS M5A99X EVO v.s. GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

• ASUS M5A99X EVO
    • GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i just wanted your opinions on which motherboard is better the ASUS M5A99X EVO or the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5. leave your thoughts please :)

They are not comparable motherboards. The Asus 990FXA Sabertooth and the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 are comparable. The answer to your question would be UD5.. Although the EVO is a great board for the $

Edited by Drdeath

As someone that was looking at both of these boards about a month ago. I went with the M5A99X EVO as the gigabyte boards i was reading where having raid problems. Im running two raid configs and l didnt want any trouble setting them up or dropping off drives.

So that made my life easy after reading that.

Been working great so far, 2 bios updates. Only thing l dont like is the boot time for the board, not OS boot. Takes about 15-20sec just before it starts to load windows, other then that A1.

They are not comparable motherboards. The Asus 990FXA Sabertooth and the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 are comparable. The answer to your question would be UD5.. Although the EVO is a great board for the $

:withstupid:

Still I don't understand the reason behind the votes for Asus one.

i know but the reason i am comparing them is because with combo deals i could get either one for relativity the same price

Not sure about your intentions as far as overclocking go, but a lot of people have reported problems due to excessive VDroop (and lack of LLC) on the Gigabytes 990FX boards, later revisions support/have LLC to help some, but they gave the stiff to the early buyers. This saddens me because I have had nothing but good luck with all Gigabyte products, but this has pushed me back from upgrading.