8GB x2 or 4GB x4

Definitely get 2 dims for dual channel memory. BIG difference in performance.

If you're good with the cost of 2x8GB then go that route, i wouldn't do it based on price. But if you can afford it at this time, go for it!

whats the difference between Generic and Branded Ram? and Ram without heat spreaders, are they still good for gaming ect?

Branded RAM is usually higher quality, may or may not overclock better, may or may not last longer. No real way to say for sure. But branded is usually better.

Personally RAM with heat speaders is a very good idea, the increased cooling will most likely increase their lifespan. Again nothing set in stone though.

^ Mostly my personal preference and opinion.

i just figured ill prepare for the future...and i frequently do video editing in vegas (which is 32-bit) @1080p

1x 8gb ram is $89 ans 2x 4gb ram is $48

I run 8gb with vegas just fine. I also that the 64bit ver on my main, with SSD. So boot time is null compaired to my laptop running 32bit.

i think ill get 2x 8, seems reasonable :thumbsup:

You will be happy with that choice, especially if you ever need to upgrade you can just pop more RAM in without worrying about selling the old sticks. I currently have 12gb for 1080p video editing, and I've seen it use 10-11gb when doing intensive editing. So no, 16gb is not too much :biggrin:

You will be happy with that choice, especially if you ever need to upgrade you can just pop more RAM in without worrying about selling the old sticks. I currently have 12gb for 1080p video editing, and I've seen it use 10-11gb when doing intensive editing. So no, 16gb is not too much :biggrin:

great! thank you all for helping, cant wait to purchase, may be after i buy my chassis :biggrin: