8GB x2 or 4GB x4

i was thinking of purchasing some RAM for Video Editing at 1080p. just wondering which would be a better solution GSkill 8GB x2 or GSkill 4GB x4. i have a Gigabyte 990FXA UD3, AMD PII X4 955 and Win 7 HP but will upgrade to Win8 Pro or something on the lines of that so i can add over 16gb of RAM.

So which is the better solution???

I would assume the 8x2 would be better just for future upgrades I guess. I'm not a ram expert at all, but I think there is a little more latency (might not be the correct word) when you have a lot of sticks. but I do not think it matters at all in the real world. Go with whatever is cheaper or if you think you will upgrade even more down the road, get the 8x2.

8GB x2.

Will help you in overclocking.

P.S. 1x 8GB should be enough.

Ps 8gb wont be enough.

TC actually needs the extra RAM

I am going to have to say TC 4x4 and if and when you need to upgrade sell them on and get 4x8

Ps 8gb wont be enough.

TC actually needs the extra RAM

I am going to have to say TC 4x4 and if and when you need to upgrade sell them on and get 4x8

how much would you recommend if i were to use it for video editing, cause i always get the ERROR message in Vegas Platinum

if 8GB isn't enough then I think 2x 8GB module would be better.

Reasons: 1. You will get two extra slots for any future up-gradation.

2. More RAM means more power consumption by them (specially while overclocking), so overclocking potential of the CPU comes down a bit. Although you use Phemon II 955. So, 4x4 or 2x8 config won't be too much different to differentiate.

if 8GB isn't enough then I think 2x 8GB module would be better.

Reasons: 1. You will get two extra slots for any future up-gradation.

2. More RAM means more power consumption by them (specially while overclocking), so overclocking potential of the CPU comes down a bit. Although you use Phemon II 955. So, 4x4 or 2x8 config won't be too much different to differentiate.

i think ill get the 2 x8gb, for upgrade ability

Thanks