Questions about my temps

ishyishy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I just checked my bios, it said that the cpu temp was 55, yet I log in and coretemp says 35 and so does the little LED indicator on my MB. Confused!???!?!?!

Yes it was a different cpu. It was an i7 920, and I am currently on an i7 2600k. Everything is stock settings.

Is it weird that when I opened the case and touched the heatsink for the cpu and it wasnt even warm? It was actually a little cold.

Well in order to reseat the thing I have to basically take my whole computer apart, and the next time that happens it will be by a professional technician because I have taken this thing apart 6 times in the past 4 days lol.

I turned it off so I could do some trouble shooting things for my DVD/CD drive problem I am having. So it was off for a good 2 minutes. I turned it back on and my bios read 55 degrees, and the MB indicator and coretemp says 35 w/ nothing but this internet window running.

nDa9j.jpg

This is what I just did. (sorry I dont know how to post screen shots)

I am reading reviews online and people are getting the same max temps as me after they OC theirs to 4ghz or above, and their idle temps are near 10C under mine. Installed incorrectly has to be the only reason lol.

Edited by ishyishy

Your temps seem pretty good and well within the CPus limits but you may have applied too much TIm.

Also Im not a big fan of AS5. I generally use Prolimitechs PK1 or Noctua NHT1. They are cheaper and I think better.

If you don't mind voiding your warranty and you are a careful and patient person, you could lap your processor. I know it isn't the best option available, but it WILL produce results if you do it right.

Im not sure what "lap" means

If you don't mind voiding your warranty and you are a careful and patient person, you could lap your processor. I know it isn't the best option available, but it WILL produce results if you do it right.

Lapping is worthless with his cooler.

nDa9j.jpg

This is what I just did. (sorry I dont know how to post screen shots)

I am reading reviews online and people are getting the same max temps as me after they OC theirs to 4ghz or above, and their idle temps are near 10C under mine. Installed incorrectly has to be the only reason lol.

Saw the screenshot and there is nothing wrong with the core temperatures and you don't need to worry.