Overclocking i7 2600k

StaticFusion

Hey everyone just thort i would start up this page so everyone can compare and share idea's :)

MY RIG

CPU-i7 2600k

MOBO-Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z

RAM-16Gig Ripjaw 1600MHz

GPU-HIS HD 6990

SSD-OCZ Agility 3

Pioneer-BD-RW

Antec 1200w tru power-power supply

Case-CM-Storm

My Rig is O.C to 5GHz stable 24/7 Air cooled with Cooler Master Hyper 212+

Hope to see ppl chatting on here and if anyone has any Question jst ask

Cheers Regards StaticFusion :)

Edited by StaticFusion

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your rig is going to explode if you keep it a 5Ghz with the Hyper 212+ . Unless you live in sub-zero areas, those temps are going to be way tooo high.

Whats your voltage and temps ?

Your rig is going to explode if you keep it a 5Ghz with the Hyper 212+ . Unless you live in sub-zero areas, those temps are going to be way tooo high.

Whats your voltage and temps ?

My temp is 36c idle 40 to 50c for gaming and 68c under full load from prime

And the voltage is 1.46v witch is fine considering Intel say the max for the chips is 1.52v

So my Rig is fine :)

My temp is 36c idle 40 to 50c for gaming and 68c under full load from prime

And the voltage is 1.46v witch is fine considering Intel say the max for the chips is 1.52v

So my Rig is fine :)

What are your ambiants ? Because Im getting 64C in games at 1.485V at 31C ambiants

Static, maybe the software you are using to monitor your temps is off. I have my 2600K on a custom water cooling loop, right now 1 of my 6970's is also in that loop, but I have (2) 120x3 radiators cooling the loop, and my load temps for 5.0GHz @ 1.45V are about the same as yours. Just like Capi, I have a 212+ also, cooling my i7 930 and I love it, but it can't compete with a full blown water cooling loop! Here is a SS of my 2600K at 100% full load using LinX - 5.0GHz @ 1.45V - Ambient is around 19C for reference :biggrin:

linxrun50145v.png

Static, maybe the software you are using to monitor your temps is off. I have my 2600K on a custom water cooling loop, right now 1 of my 6970's is also in that loop, but I have (2) 120x3 radiators cooling the loop, and my load temps for 5.0GHz @ 1.45V are about the same as yours. Just like Capi, I have a 212+ also, cooling my i7 930 and I love it, but it can't compete with a full blown water cooling loop! Here is a SS of my 2600K at 100% full load using LinX - 5.0GHz @ 1.45V - Ambient is around 19C for reference :biggrin:

linxrun50145v.png

Hey man cheers for that im looking forward to looking at ya bios setting and seeing were i have gone wrong

Regards Static

Your sensors are NOT reading correct. At 1.4V with custom water I run low 60's under load. There is no way at that voltage tour getting those temps

Edited by Drdeath