Gaming monitor 24"-27"

Kegin

Hi guys, im about to change my Samsung 2233BW with a new monitor. I've looked for days several monitors and now i am undecided on which of these to buy. Here's my list in no particular order of preference:

Asus VK278Q

Philips 273E3LSB/00

Iiyama B2776HDS-1

Benq XL2420T or XL2410T

Any of you owns one of these monitors? How are they? Which is best for you, considering i will use it almost only for gaming.

If you have any suggestions on other monitor that i've not listed there just let me know please; budget is not much an issue cause im looking also at the Samsung S27A950D for the 120Hz and 3D, but its the last choice probably due to the little use of 3D i'll have with games.

Thank you

Edited by Kegin

Hey mate,

Just curious, but have you read the Screen Guide here at OCC? It can give you some good insight as to what you should look for in screens.

Ill leave the recommendation for others as I am currently in a hurry to get somewhere :)

Edited by Alexandre

Hey mate,

Just curious, but have you read the Screen Guide here at OCC? It can give you some good insight as to what you should look for in screens.

Thanks for the advice i've read it but you now sellers write specifications just to sell their monitors, real performance is most of the time lower :biggrin:

So im asking here cause maybe someone has one of these monitors and can give me real/genuine feedback

I had a 24" Asus a while ago, and it was a pretty good monitor for the price if you didn't mind average color reproduction. I'd say go for the Asus unless it's a lot more expensive than the others. Where would you be getting these from?

I had a 24" Asus a while ago, and it was a pretty good monitor for the price if you didn't mind average color reproduction. I'd say go for the Asus unless it's a lot more expensive than the others. Where would you be getting these from?

I am also looking now at the Asus VG278H which seems amazing, what do you think of this one? I am gettin em from a friend that sells pc hardware, dunno exactly where he buys em.

I suggest checking out some sites like the CNET Monitor Buying Guide, their monitor reviews list, and the list of monitors at TestFreaks to get an idea of what would work for you. You can read reviews on pretty much any monitor you are looking at, including what kind of actual performance they give compared to what the manufacturer says they will give.

I went from 28" Hanns.G's to 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS monitors, still at 1920 x 1200 resolution, but man, definitely very awesome monitors. I got 3 for $320 each, and one refurb for my gf for $240. I at least made some money back selling my 28" Hanns.G monitors. If you can afford it, go IPS.

I suggest checking out some sites like the CNET Monitor Buying Guide, their monitor reviews list, and the list of monitors at TestFreaks to get an idea of what would work for you. You can read reviews on pretty much any monitor you are looking at, including what kind of actual performance they give compared to what the manufacturer says they will give.

While I am not the OP :thx: for those links! Learnt alot :cheers:

Where are you buying from too? And any form of budget?

Asus or Acer monitors the Dell ultrasharps a great but expensive too. Go in store somewhere and just fiddle around looking at displays especially some of the ips panels.