Noctua as quiet as everyone claiming?

uneedav8

Is that possible?

Yeah, they show cased it at Computex this year, but it didn't have a name, because it wasn't given one :P . But basically, it is a single tower design, and it had two other towers that came out like wings sort of. The wings then had fans (my picture wont show the fans), and it basically looked like the most bad a$$ cooler out there to date. I mean it showed a bit too much of the unimpressive color scheme that noctua has, but the noctua team is shoot for twice the cooling performance of the D14 for the 2011 socket.

http://limages.vr-zone.net/body/12474/P1000559.jpg.png

Now quite personally, I know they are coming out with something a bit.............better. I have no idea how they will meet their 2X performance of the D14 with this, and they say it is only a prototype. I hope they combine it with this bad boy..........

http://cdn.techiser.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Noctua-Low-Profile-CPU-Cooler.jpg

I hope noctua gets to the point where they just make air coolers that take up all the empty space in your PC. I think with such a contraption my little Anthlon CPU can hit 8ghz :P

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always buy low profile RAM. If you have already bought the RAM, either use it elsewhere or sell it or buy a substitute low profile RAM heatsink. Or give it away and buy new RAM -- the stuff is cheap enough now.

If it comes to heatsink vs RAM, it's heatsink for me. I love that D14.

The new one will be interesting:

finstack | fan | finstack | fan | finstack

Oughta be choice. But how well will it cool? It'll have to be great if it beats the D14.

I've plans of buying RipjawsX modules while building my next rig, along with D14.

Now my question is, does G.Skill have their low profile variant for ripjawsX?

I finally got the fans. I have to says that I am really impressed with the quality. After opening the box, I realize why they cost so much. My only negative on these fans were that I had to use the speed reducers to achieve the silence I was looking for. This is my first time purchasing anything from Noctua. I will for sure buy more products from them in the future, I will have to learn and to the love the tan and brown color = ).

Edited by uneedav8

That second cooler the angle showed looks and reminds me of the coolermaster Gemini. Coolermaster didn't have success with that cooler but it cooled the ram and chipset very very well.

The NF-P14 fans are silent.

I believe the RipjawsX sticks are standard height, with an extended heatsink, you should have no problem refitting them with a $8 set of copper heatsinks. Although you will lose your warranty most likely.

I've plans of buying RipjawsX modules while building my next rig, along with D14.

Now my question is, does G.Skill have their low profile variant for ripjawsX?

G.Skill has low profile RAM of all varieties. Their ECO line is a match to any Ripjaws line they make. All modern RAM with tall heatsinks is pure marketing glitz. Don't fall for it.

It helps when you overclock your ram. You start pushing 1.75v through your ram......yeah you will need tall heat sinks. If you are a sane and normal individual, it will not help at all.

Reading your first two sentences, I was thinking now who would do that to innocent RAM? Then I got to your third sentence. Sane and normal hardly describes us overclockers, but the terms are close enough to prudent that I will simply agree.