Noctua as quiet as everyone claiming?

uneedav8

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea on that but when it does come out I'm buying one. My NH-D14 is silent and keeps my Phenom x6 under ambient temp. at full load.

Where did you get this reality-distorting heatsink? I'm sure a lot more people would get them if they knew it could break the laws of physics. :P

Edited by Waco

Where did you get this reality-distorting heatsink? I'm sure a lot more people would get them if they knew it could break the laws of physics. :P

Lol, I wish my computer ran under ambient temperature without the use of liquid nitrogen.

I seriously doubt this is the right place to ask, but does any one have an idea of when that new noctua heat sink is coming out? The one that is twice the size of the D14?

Is that possible?

No idea on that but when it does come out I'm buying one. My NH-D14 is silent and keeps my Phenom x6 under ambient temp. at full load. If I had money to spare I'd replace all of my 120s & 140s with Noctua fans. Hell, I'd replace my bathroom fan with 3-4 of their fans. Lol

Can anyone put RAM like corsair xms3 or gskill ripjawsX in the first ram slot with d-14 installed?? I mean what about the clearance?

Always buy low profile RAM. If you have already bought the RAM, either use it elsewhere or sell it or buy a substitute low profile RAM heatsink. Or give it away and buy new RAM -- the stuff is cheap enough now.

If it comes to heatsink vs RAM, it's heatsink for me. I love that D14.

The new one will be interesting:

finstack | fan | finstack | fan | finstack

Oughta be choice. But how well will it cool? It'll have to be great if it beats the D14.

I have a gaming computer that is super loud which is OK; since I am either gaming with head phones, or blasting the speakers. My other system I use for photo editing and design work. My goal is to get this system as quiet as possible. It is pretty close to that right now but I want it quieter. The problem is the case has 4x 80mm fans. I don't want a new case with 120mm fans. I have use many types of quiet fans and they all seem to be the same. How are the Noctua in comparison? I have heard great things.

Just Installed the Noctua D-14 on my rig and its silent has heck. My girlfriend has a Zalman cnps 10x extreme and it is louuud. I can't even hear the fans on my D-14. That is with a haf 922 case which has a a side that is basically open because it has a bunch of holes for another fan/better cooling?

Didn't really get the results I wanted but I think that a removal of thermal paste and reset the heat-sink will fix that, not really sure started a thread to ask. Note it's quiet even without the wires to make the fans go down in RPMS! =)