Intel 1155 socket vs Bulldozer

i see what you did there...

just turning it around like that.

Like i said, this thread really is pointless, which is why i dont bother coming up with arguments. And i also dont need to prove you wrong. The proof is out there. Chips like the AMD 1100T still give some Intel processors a run for its money in certan tests, for gamers, for those that overclock. etc etc etc.. Its not black and white [ie. this chip is faster therefore its the winner] no, cpus have different uses for different people. There are plenty of reviews if you care to read, with an open mind that is.

Not everything is a competition bro. A lot of different varibles come into play which is why these Intel vs AMD threads are always full of pointless arguing, fanboys bickering, and other bs that really doesnt help anyone and only confuses people that either want to learn, non-enthusiasts, people looking for value instead of performance.

Edited by damian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Mustang out run the Aveo? Of course it does and no one has ever said otherwise. However this does not automatically mean that all Chevys are crap and all Fords are great. The Aveo can get you back and forth to work, can take you and the wife out for an evening at the movies and can even take you on the wine trail for some fun. The SAME can be said about AMD's processors. They do not win any speed contests but they do not have to. Can you browse the internet with them? Can you check your email, get on Facebook? Can you load up Skyrim or BF3 on them and play? In other words they can get the job done.

Dude you need to get over the fact the Bulldozer was a dud. It is not a BAD chip, It is just not a great chip.

You talk about a debate but there is no debate, you can in this thread with the agenda to destroy the AMD name and that is all you seem focused on. While AMD might not be the best choice at the $150 and up price point, it is a viable choice. Also they still rule the lower price points, especially with what the Fusion delivers.

So grab a beer and kick back, let this disappointment go. This is only computer chips after all and not worth the grief.

What damian and Ed said. There have been plenty of good arguments and all you've responded with is "Na na na na na na. SB is faster therefore your argument is invalid." :lol:

Edited by Waco

i see what you did there...

just turning it around like that.

Like i said, this thread really is pointless, which is why i dont bother coming up with arguments. And i also dont need to prove you wrong. The proof is out there. Chips like the AMD 1100T still give some Intel processors a run for its money in certan tests, for gamers, for those that overclock. etc etc etc.. Its not black and white [ie. this chip is faster therefore its the winner] no, cpus have different uses for different people. There are plenty of reviews if you care to read, with an open mind that is.

Not everything is a competition bro. A lot of different varibles come into play which is why these Intel vs AMD threads are always full of pointless arguing, fanboys bickering, and other bs that really doesnt help anyone and only confuses people that either want to learn, non-enthusiasts, people looking for value instead of performance.

Does the Mustang out run the Aveo? Of course it does and no one has ever said otherwise. However this does not automatically mean that all Chevys are crap and all Fords are great. The Aveo can get you back and forth to work, can take you and the wife out for an evening at the movies and can even take you on the wine trail for some fun. The SAME can be said about AMD's processors. They do not win any speed contests but they do not have to. Can you browse the internet with them? Can you check your email, get on Facebook? Can you load up Skyrim or BF3 on them and play? In other words they can get the job done.

Dude you need to get over the fact the Bulldozer was a dud. It is not a BAD chip, It is just not a great chip.

You talk about a debate but there is no debate, you can in this thread with the agenda to destroy the AMD name and that is all you seem focused on. While AMD might not be the best choice at the $150 and up price point, it is a viable choice. Also they still rule the lower price points, especially with what the Fusion delivers.

So grab a beer and kick back, let this disappointment go. This is only computer chips after all and not worth the grief.

What damian and Ed said. There have been plenty of good arguments and all you've responded with is "Na na na na na na. SB is faster therefore your argument is invalid." :lol:

ohsnap.gif

stupid.gif

cheers.gif

+1

While I do like to debate/argue there really isn't a point to this thread.

In my opinion, of all of these AMD vs Intel / AMD vs NVIDIA debates are pointless.

Yes valid arguments can made for both sides, in both cases. However, until someone starts, and someone always will, flaming one side you're really not going to get any good responses.

If you had started this thread giving the impression that you disliked Intel you would have gotten the same response, but from the "other side".

I think we've "discussed" enough

Summary :

Intel is faster in performance. If the purpose of your machine is not revolved around performance, consider AMD.