is my comp safe?

akbigchillin

The code for the bios has to be rewritten.

Wouldn't you call this part a bug? Everything I've seen that references this topic refers to it as a bug, but if there is a proper name for it I'll start using it. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good catch on the multiplier, i didn't even think of that but it does remind me of trying to overclock a AMD64 and i couldn't figure out why my multi could increase with no boost in performance

If the chip allowed the multi to overclock, the bios would overclock it. The code for the bios has to be rewritten. The software is reading everything correct thus no bug. The chip is simply not overclocking due to a locked multi. On A75 boards, you can actually raise the multi in the bios.

Again...how is that not a bug? :lol:

Wouldn't you call this part a bug? Everything I've seen that references this topic refers to it as a bug, but if there is a proper name for it I'll start using it. :)

A mistake in writing the code call it that if you may.

Edited by Drdeath

A mistake in writing the code is not a bug. Look up the word bug in the dictionary. It is merely a mistake. They did not lock the multi kabish?

"A software bug is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code or its design, and a few are caused by compilers producing incorrect code. A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy. Reports detailing bugs in a program are commonly known as bug reports, fault reports, problem reports, trouble reports, change requests, and so forth."

Or did you mean this:

"A bug is an insect of the order Hemiptera, known as the "true bugs"."

A mistake in writing the code call it that if you may.

How is that not a bug? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP - without real control from the BIOS you're likely going to be stuck using AMD Overdrive to bump your base clock up a bit.

Edited by Waco

tried amd overdrive... i get the amd overdrive failed to start error that seams to be rampant with that program after looking in thier forumns... tried a couple other fsb programs to no avail.... very frustrating i'm to the point of using amd fusion to maxamize performance... thanks again for all the help