AMD/ATI Rigs

JollyAldo

Well it definately is better than the 1090t - no doubt about it. But pricing now is a little steep. Once Ivy Bridge 22nm come out, I see the CPU prices of the 2500k and 2600k dropping.

If you want to save even more cash, go for the 2500k instead. It is a solid performer, good overclocker and gaming doesnt use HT much anyway so I have no problem recommending it.

Thanks for help

You have seen how expensive they are right ? He said he wanted to save money, not make him bankrupt :P

Exactly my point

If it was not for the fact that they are SLI only, I would build one around it for my next build, it's getting to be that time again.:)

....I will have to hide from my wife for a while of course.

If it was not for the fact that they are SLI only, I would build one around it for my next build, it's getting to be that time again.:)

....I will have to hide from my wife for a while of course.

SLI only? You would think they would make it both X-fire and SLI, OK now I don't want it. :lol:

EVGA's SR series' boards are overkill. lol2.gif

...and stupid, considering that they have no real purpose at all. They don't do anything particularly well (especially that board, since it's unbalanced in the amount of memory it can support AND splits the PCIe lanes up between the CPUs in a way that screws with SLI).

Then again, I never really saw the point of them other than the e-peen factor. :lol:

...and stupid, considering that they have no real purpose at all. They don't do anything particularly well (especially that board, since it's unbalanced in the amount of memory it can support AND splits the PCIe lanes up between the CPUs in a way that screws with SLI).

Then again, I never really saw the point of them other than the e-peen factor. :lol:

would it be possible to have the sr3 with dual cpus and 4 gpus, and run 2 virtual machines off it each with one cpu and dual sli?

would it be possible to have the sr3 with dual cpus and 4 gpus, and run 2 virtual machines off it each with one cpu and dual sli?

I'm 99.999% sure that SLI (or hell, anything with modern 3D acceleration) won't work in an VM. Last I checked the most you get is an abstracted, generic, 3D accelerator that passes commands to the host GPUs for rendering. AFAIK it's not fast nor does it take advantage of any multi-GPU configurations.

I'm 99.999% sure that SLI (or hell, anything with modern 3D acceleration) won't work in an VM. Last I checked the most you get is an abstracted, generic, 3D accelerator that passes commands to the host GPUs for rendering. AFAIK it's not fast nor does it take advantage of any multi-GPU configurations.

so no way to make a sr3 quad sli build and split it into 2 6 core 2way sli gaming rigs then?