AMD/ATI Rigs

JollyAldo

Red that 2009 build looks mad. Well mainly just the way the pic was taken but still mad.

Oh and Nyt do you not have cf 6950s now? And plan to go trifire? I do beleive they are amd, are they not?

Also if a intel/nivida post your build thread was started where would you post yours?

Red that 2009 build looks mad. Well mainly just the way the pic was taken but still mad.

Oh and Nyt do you not have cf 6950s now? And plan to go trifire? I do beleive they are amd, are they not?

Also if a intel/nivida post your build thread was started where would you post yours?

yeah it really was. most of my personal gamers are to a point experimental. comes mostly from just really liking hardware and building high end gamers for people who have a finite budget. have to get a bit creative.

here is a better shot of the outside 2009

Power_Station16.jpg

believe it or not. that is a mid tower with three separate PSU's (1600w/130A) and about a week after this was taken , 4 x 5850's. and it kept temps in check

My duaghter is still using this rig today, its been the most reliable trouble free rig I have ever had, which is unusual for a quad machine.

I dont think you will find many AMD/ATI rigs, because people learn from their mistakes :snap::P

Well for now my 1090T is alright, but yeah I will go intel when the 2600K is on sale. What's wrong ATI? Don't you have 6970 tri-fire? :teehee:

• Like 1

Do you prefer a tv to monitors?

Yeah, 3 x 32" would be like watching a tennis match from courtside LOL

Yeah I do :) This 32 inch of mine is just so huge that I can imagine going to anything less lol

But you didnt get Eyefinity for the reason of gaming alone right ? You must do some work that allows you to be much more productive on multi monitors. My reason would only be for gaming hence why I didnt get two extra 24 inch monitors instead of my TV :P

I worked at a PC store about 2 months ago and they have two 25 inch monitors hooked together. Man that setup was sweet for browsing and I can imagine gaming should be quite good on 3 monitors.

Well for now my 1090T is alright, but yeah I will go intel when the 2600K is on sale. What's wrong ATI? Don't you have 6970 tri-fire? :teehee:

I was trying to take a dig at AMD CPUs :teehee: Never going back to their CPUs after my underperforming 4Ghz 1090T . AMD cards are fine though. I have HD6970 Crossfire with a third on its way :P

CF HD6970s :) With a thrid HD6970 on the way :)

Yeah I do This 32 inch of mine is just so huge that I can imagine going to anything less lol

But you didnt get Eyefinity for the reason of gaming alone right ? You must do some work that allows you to be much more productive on multi monitors. My reason would only be for gaming hence why I didnt get two extra 24 inch monitors instead of my TV

I worked at a PC store about 2 months ago and they have two 25 inch monitors hooked together. Man that setup was sweet for browsing and I can imagine gaming should be quite good on 3 monitors.

I originally got it because my customers were wanting it more and more, so I thought I should have an Eyeyfinity setup... :whistling:

however, it is Brilliant! for productivity. I do a lot of Video creation/editing Adobe creative suite, photoshop CS5, 3DSMax etc and its great.

eyefin3ds.jpg

3DSMax 2012

CF HD6970s With a thrid HD6970 on the way

...you are one short :P

I was trying to take a dig at AMD CPUs :teehee: Never going back to their CPUs after my underperforming 4Ghz 1090T . AMD cards are fine though. I have HD6970 Crossfire with a third on its way :P

My 1090T is currently @4Ghz, would you consider your 2600K a good upgrade? I was considering upgrading. Thanks

My 1090T is currently @4Ghz, would you consider your 2600K a good upgrade? I was considering upgrading. Thanks

Before you know if it is a good upgrade, the real question is do you need an upgrade? I mean do you have some program or software that your system cannot handle? If so then it makes sense to consider this but if the system does what you want and need it to do then why bother?

Now in specific answer to your question I would not do this upgrade. Wait for another generation, the 1090T is slower in benchmarks but in computing experience it is to close to justify the cost of an entire platform shift.

Before you know if it is a good upgrade, the real question is do you need an upgrade? I mean do you have some program or software that your system cannot handle? If so then it makes sense to consider this but if the system does what you want and need it to do then why bother?

Now in specific answer to your question I would not do this upgrade. Wait for another generation, the 1090T is slower in benchmarks but in computing experience it is to close to justify the cost of an entire platform shift.

Well, I am not going to upgrade anytime soon,(at least 6 months) so I am just looking a for a CPU that that will be a good upgrade when the time comes, I suspect the 2600K will come down in price in about6-12 months. Also I want something not current gen to save some cash. :biggrin:

Edited by Black6464

Well, I am not going to upgrade anytime soon,(at least 6 months) so I am just looking a for a CPU that that will be a good upgrade when the time comes, I suspect the 2600K will come down in price in about6-12 months. Also I want something not current gen to save some cash. :biggrin:

Well it definately is better than the 1090t - no doubt about it. But pricing now is a little steep. Once Ivy Bridge 22nm come out, I see the CPU prices of the 2500k and 2600k dropping.

If you want to save even more cash, go for the 2500k instead. It is a solid performer, good overclocker and gaming doesnt use HT much anyway so I have no problem recommending it.

I'd go with an X79 and 3930K or something along the line for the same money.

You have seen how expensive they are right ? He said he wanted to save money, not make him bankrupt :P