Fan setup for CM HAF 922

Barreto

I have pretty much the same setup as yours. (Except, I have a Sapphire Reference HD 6950 2GB), and I use a1x200 Megaflow for Intake, 1x200 Megaflow Side intake, 1x200 Megaflow Top Exhaust, 1x120 Sickleflow Rear Exhaust, and 2x XtraFlo Fans on my Hyper 212+ (These are the ones that come standard on the V6GT, and Yes, it looks awesome. :D). This setup is pretty capable IMO with both, idle temperatures (Just a few Deg C over ambient) and load temperatures well within limits.

• 1 month later...

Hate to bring back a moderately old post but I am kind of in the same boat as the original poster and thought rather than starting a new thread, I could re-establish a few points made throughout this post. Pardon me if this is not proper.

Just two days ago I bought the CM HAF 922. At the moment its got the 200m front intake, and 200m top exhaust. Its also got a 120m side intake and a 120m rear exhaust. After reading this post I have decided to replace the 120mm side panel intake fan with a 200mm CM LED fan.

A couple of other questions I wanted to add to this. As you may or may not know, the HAF 922 is a bottom mount PSU. I have the Antec High Current 900w Gamer PSU, which is not modular. This leaves me a bunch of extra bundled wires laying on top of where the bottom fan "would" be. Will I be ok with 3 x 200mm fans and 1 x 120mm rear fan, or will I need that bottom fan as well? I do not plan to do much, if any OC'ing at all. If I do OC it will only be my (old) GTX 295 GPU.

P.S. I also plan to get a CM V6GT CPU cooler as well.

P.S.S. When I put my hand over the top of my case that top 200mm fan doesnt seem like its exhausting all that much air for a fan that big, maybe I just dont know what it should feel like.

So in short...

3 x 200mm fans (2 intake, 1 top exhaust)

1 x 120mm fan (rear exhaust)

1 x CM V6 GT CPU Cooler

Will I need a bottom mount fan and is my current setup ok?

Hate to bring back a moderately old post but I am kind of in the same boat as the original poster and thought rather than starting a new thread, I could re-establish a few points made throughout this post. Pardon me if this is not proper.

Just two days ago I bought the CM HAF 922. At the moment its got the 200m front intake, and 200m top exhaust. Its also got a 120m side intake and a 120m rear exhaust. After reading this post I have decided to replace the 120mm side panel intake fan with a 200mm CM LED fan.

A couple of other questions I wanted to add to this. As you may or may not know, the HAF 922 is a bottom mount PSU. I have the Antec High Current 900w Gamer PSU, which is not modular. This leaves me a bunch of extra bundled wires laying on top of where the bottom fan "would" be. Will I be ok with 3 x 200mm fans and 1 x 120mm rear fan, or will I need that bottom fan as well? I do not plan to do much, if any OC'ing at all. If I do OC it will only be my (old) GTX 295 GPU.

P.S. I also plan to get a CM V6GT CPU cooler as well.

P.S.S. When I put my hand over the top of my case that top 200mm fan doesnt seem like its exhausting all that much air for a fan that big, maybe I just dont know what it should feel like.

So in short...

3 x 200mm fans (2 intake, 1 top exhaust)

1 x 120mm fan (rear exhaust)

1 x CM V6 GT CPU Cooler

Will I need a bottom mount fan and is my current setup ok?

Well with any fan setup, the answer to the orientation of the fans should come from testing. Run core temp and switch your fans around. Whatever position gives you the best temp, keep it that way.

:withstupid:

also you can store the unused cables behind the mobo is that bubble with a few cable ties :evilgrin:

I stored most of my "used" cables behind the motherboard. I can't see that huge clump of extra cables fitting back there as well.

Well nearly two months from the last active post is a pushing it but don't worry about it. As far as changing the fan configuration like people Have said three intake two exhaust works the best usually. And just to give you an idea the fans do move a lot of air. They just do not seem like it as the space area of air being moved is much larger so you have a low pressure at high volume. Small fans such as 80 92 or 120mm fans that move the same cfm will feel like a air-conditioning blower as they have a higher pressure.

If you want there is a way to install a 180mm silveratone air penetrator in the front and tops of the haf932 and 922. You Haute have to be creative and drill holes in a 30$ fan. LOL

Other then that that is about as much performance you will get from the stock configuration.

Well nearly two months from the last active post is a pushing it but don't worry about it. As far as changing the fan configuration like people Have said three intake two exhaust works the best usually. And just to give you an idea the fans do move a lot of air. They just do not seem like it as the space area of air being moved is much larger so you have a low pressure at high volume. Small fans such as 80 92 or 120mm fans that move the same cfm will feel like a air-conditioning blower as they have a higher pressure.

If you want there is a way to install a 180mm silveratone air penetrator in the front and tops of the haf932 and 922. You Haute have to be creative and drill holes in a 30$ fan. LOL

Other then that that is about as much performance you will get from the stock configuration.

Thank you for allowing my post, as well as the information. Are the 200m fans in the link I will provide below from tigerdirect the same, or better/worse than the stock HAF 922 200mm fans? I am thinking about buying 2 of these 200mm fans in the link for the side and top.

LINK: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5235457&sku=YYD1-R4LUS07ARGP

Have the 3@200mm, front and side intake, top exhaust, bottom intake with a filter due to dust buildup under the case and the rad for my H70 in the back 120mm slot pulling from the outside. It pushes the heat into the case but I mounted it both ways and the temp for the CPU went down this way and I didn't notice any increase for other areas and the top fan sucking out the heat. Best thing I've found is to have a good air filter in the room with this to cut down on the dust buildup due to so many fans.

I have the cm storm enforcer with 2 cm megaflow 200mm front intake and top exhaust

I plan on adding a bgears 120mm 103 cfm to the rear as exhaust the stock is 45cfm

Guys, with the HAF cases its really easy, front, side and bottom are intake, top and back are exhaust.

Depends on your heatsink. If you have a giant air cooler, you can have the top as intake too and use the heatsink as basically a vacuum to push all the air out the back.

Depends on your heatsink. If you have a giant air cooler, you can have the top as intake too and use the heatsink as basically a vacuum to push all the air out the back.

I to have a giant heatsink, but I have it facing up into the top fan, remember heat rises. ;) Push heat up and out.

Depends on the rig owner & his/her planning about airflow direction & air pressure that he/she wants to get.