Grand Theft Auto V

edwardquilo

As long as you saved $30 on ebay instead of a 'recognized' merchant I wouldn't sweat it.

Still $30 is much cheaper than getting another 270X yourself, unfortunately it's not free

Edited by IVIYTH0S

That is a total rip off, Sapphire sucks.

Not really, they provide warranty for new cards from authorized retailers for a reason, some people in order to get around the system have been known to sell "New" cards to friends/family via ebay in order to get a "fresh" receipt for an opened product that info was lost on.  The other issue for a company that offers say a 3yr warranty, someone buys a deal on say a 290X today, 20 months from now someone like myself wants to grab a 290X for crossfire, I find one on ebay NIB from where that other guy bought one and decided to not use it (there are people out there with enough disposable income that this happens) so I buy the new card with a 3yr warranty, now in 2 yrs and 11 months I have issues and RMA the card where Sapphire/whoever thought their authorized retails sold out of cards more than the 3yr warranty period from now and have already sold off the refurb product they had been keeping around for RMAs.  You then run into issues with not only finding an equal card to replace it but also the fact I had been running crossfire and they new replacement likely wont work with my other 290X.  

It sucks and all, but at least they offer the option to do the RMA, some companies just tell you tough shit and count it as as refub or used card purchase, though even if the card is NIB you still aren't the "original purchaser" and warranties are usually non transferable.  

If you don't think issues like this are common I hate to tell you they are, 3yrs in retail management and I REALLY hate the general public and they crap they will try and get by with.

I should also add ebay purchases from say Newegg's ebay account are usually counted like buying direct from the store as they are an authorized retailer in the first place and selling new product.

That is the thing, I was not aware of this policy, nor did the first tech I talked to inform me of this when I told them I purchased the card off of eBay. They let me go through the hassle of finding the receipt, then sending it in before I was told this. 

I had a bad stick of laptop ram that went bad, I sent a support ticket in to Corsair, told them it was faulty and that same day they sent me an RMA number to return the ram, it was probably only an hour or so after I submitted the ticket. I had the new ram stick by the following week. No need to troubleshoot back and forth for a week, I didn't have to wait 1 or more days to get a response, they didn't keep it for 3 weeks before sending it back broken via snail mail.

The point is if they will honor the warranty ( which should be serial # based ) and fix their faulty card why charge the customer an extra $30. They should either fix it under warranty or not, I know after reading this post They're the last company I would buy from. :no:

Yeah that's pretty shitty of them, just know that the only time to ever buy a Shaftfire card would be from a popular electronics merchant.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

My old Sapphire 4890 had a lifetime warranty on it, I had to RMA it after I first received the card, and I had the replacement card maybe a week later. Now Sapphire only offers a 2 year warranty and they have to pull this kind of crap?

The point is if they will honor the warranty ( which should be serial # based ) and fix their faulty card why charge the customer an extra $30. They should either fix it under warranty or not, I know after reading this post They're the last company I would buy from.  :no:

Yup last Sapphire card I will ever buy.

Edited by slick2500

I'm not so much mad at the fact that its a $30 fee to process the RMA as I am at the fact that the tech that I told I purchased the card off eBay didn't say anything to me about the card not being from an authorized seller, and the fact that they have been dicking me around for 2 weeks.

I'm not so much mad at the fact that its a $30 fee to process the RMA as I am at the fact that the tech that I told I purchased the card off eBay didn't say anything to me about the card not being from an authorized seller, and the fact that they have been dicking me around for 2 weeks.

Yeah, they better upgrade you for all this BS. $30 should get you next day effing air service and a 280X or something.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

the new update has disabled mods thank you Rockstar just bought the game

Sarcasm? :huh:

no not sarcasm i am relieved single player mods are fine but when it is multi player some people over due it and ruin the game for other who do not or can not mod.

if you are constantly getting owed online by a heavily modded player  it is very frustrating to the point where one might feel like they wasted their money