win 7 start in 57 sec with kingston hyperx 240g ssd

chenzhong

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say that sounds fairly slow... I have three SSD systems, my netbook, HTPC, and main rig. Although I haven't timed them, I'm certain the netbook and HTPC boot up in ~30s, and even the main rig which is heavily installed with all types of development tools probably boots up <1min, even with the multiple RAID checks during/after POST

anyone got any idea why my hyperx so slow? is there any tool to check the ssd?

How long does it take to boot once you see the Windows logo? Without knowing that time there's no way to know if your SSD is "slow" or not.

This thread makes me think of the Dane Cook skit where he talks about teleporting and the DMV lol

In most BIOSs you can disable memory checking or shut off controllers you're not using or select quick boot and not show the splash screen. That will make you get through the BIOS quicker. After that is where the SSD will shine.

ok i just install shogun 2 on my new hyper x ssd 16G took 20 min.there must be something wrong with my ssd.should i contact kingston for a rmd?

because it is under performing? i am sure i am using the 6G sata port on the mobo.

i am using the z68 on board control for my ssd which is the mid port sata port 0 and 1 can some one double check for me please

Edited by chenzhong

from windows logo takes 36s to load up

36 seconds to the desktop with everything loaded or 36 seconds to the log in screen?

That does seem a bit long for a new drive if it's just to the log in screen...

That's not bad at all to be honest. I don't think mine is much faster...I'll time it later tonight and let you know.

what about you install 16G of staff onto your ssd to see how long does it take. mine took 20 min.

555MB/s should only take 32 sec.

Edited by chenzhong