Only 2 fans?

SkytTe

Is it correct that I can only attach 2 fans to my ASUS M4A87TD mobo?

If so, then I'm limited to the 200mm and 140mm fans in my chassis, which means I can't add more, nor getting an aftermarket heatsink?

1 x CPU Fan connector(s)

1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (3 -pin)

1 x Power Fan connector(s)

Looks like there are at least 3 on board - but you can always use your PSU to power the fans as well...

1 x CPU Fan connector(s)

1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (3 -pin)

1 x Power Fan connector(s)

Looks like there are at least 3 on board - but you can always use your PSU to power the fans as well...

How do I do that? I have a Corsair TX650 v2..

hay dude!! look at this specs!!

http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/enthusiast-series/enthusiast-series-tx650-v2-80-plus-bronze-certified-650-watt-high-performance-power-supply.html

it has 8 connectors for fans!! aslong as they connect with an 4 Pin Peripheral Connector

here is wat they look like!! hope this helppost-77307-0-36037800-1314891101_thumb.jpg

as long as they look like that u will be able to connect a fan to them!! the smal 3 pin "I THINK" connectors on the MB is for CPU fans ect.

hay dude!! look at this specs!!

http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/enthusiast-series/enthusiast-series-tx650-v2-80-plus-bronze-certified-650-watt-high-performance-power-supply.html

it has 8 connectors for fans!! aslong as they connect with an 4 Pin Peripheral Connector

here is wat they look like!! hope this helppost-77307-0-36037800-1314891101_thumb.jpg

as long as they look like that u will be able to connect a fan to them!! the smal 3 pin "I THINK" connectors on the MB is for CPU fans ect.

Thanks a lot! Phew, just thought I bought a really sucky mobo! :D

you just need one or a few, of the 3/4-pin fan to molex adapters and you'll be good to go!

ok, thanks for the help!

Personally I try to keep most fans off of the motherboard headers, especially the 140mm and larger fans. Too much current draw for my liking.

Some good options presented above.

You could also buy a fan controller and run all your fans from it.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/983/bus-05/FrozenCPU_Variable_Speed_RheoBus_Kit_-_Version_3.html

Or something similar. Lots of choices depending on your budget.

Personally I try to keep most fans off of the motherboard headers, especially the 140mm and larger fans. Too much current draw for my liking.

Some good options presented above.

You could also buy a fan controller and run all your fans from it.

http://www.frozencpu..._Version_3.html

Or something similar. Lots of choices depending on your budget.

+1

I would have to agree, I generally don't run any of the case fans off the mb headers only chipset/ram coolers and occasionally cpu. I use either a fan controller or run them straight off the psu.

You mention you have a 200mm and a 140mm fan in your case and I think you may have a had or a LAN li case maybe one of the highend corsair cases all of which feature a perforated steel mesh. Now as Waco mentioned first up you can add spliters and al sorts but most importantly mentioned fan controllers.

Also mentioned by others.

The reason however I make a point about the case is that these cases have a perforation size and percentage that is similar and definitely the same in coolermaster cases to the nzxt sentry mesh controller. Which can control up to 5fans 30watt total and looks very neat and unobtrusive.

Just my two cents.