Running shoes, yo

NikolaT

1.5 is easy, the extra .5 sucks :P. What's your fastest run time on that?

11:26 was my fastest last year. Usually somewhere between 12-13 mins. I believe the absolute worse I can do and still pass is 13:33 or around there. They (AF) made some changes the last couple years. I'm not really a runner nor find it fun so as long as i'm under 13:00 i'm happy.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks Adrenaline GTS series for me. You might want to put more description of what build type, arch-type, and type of running you do.

I just got a pair of these about a month ago. I'm thinking about getting another pair when these wear out.

1.5 is easy, the extra .5 sucks :P. What's your fastest run time on that?

:withstupid:

lol @ 1.5 mile run. I ran a 14:09 on my last pt test (2 mile Army) 2 weeks ago. My fastest time was in AIT, about 2 years ago. I ran a 13:35. 1 second over max for my age group (24). Since AIT, I cant get under 14:00 to save my life. Probably the soft drinks and candy. I didnt eat much of that in AIT.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

I absolutely hate long distance running. The 2mile PT test was a killer for me. My fastest time was like 14:30 or something. Short distances I can do no problem, as well as running in full gear on missions.

Push-ups and sit-ups were the easy parts of the PT test lol.

I run with the Asics GT-2160, they are very comfortable and light weight for my distance runs...currently working on getting ready for a half-marathon Oct 22nd. Ran 11.2 miles Sunday in 2:04:13

Asics-GT-2160.jpg

I did get my feet checked out when I bought them the first time to see what kind of support I need with my arch and running style...I did only start running about 4 weeks ago, was training for the Warrior Dash up here in Michigan which is only a 5k with obstacles. Got into it and decided to stick with the running thing, doing the 10 Mile Crim on the 27th of this month too...going to be a blast!

Been training for the Air Force PFT and can run the 1.5 mile in 10 minutes or under. I prefer long distance but 1.5 mile is a real killer if you're gunning for a nice time.

I used to run 3 mile cross-country, 110m hurdles, 300m hurdles, 400m, 4x400m, sometimes 200m, long jump, triple jump...

For all the track events, when competing, I used proper track shoes (ones with threaded removeable spikes) that weighed about as much as a calculator lol... they were almost always Asics

For training and some of the rougher cross-country courses, I used lightweight training shoes, usually Asics, Adidas or Nike.

For the more even, firmer cross-country, another ultra lightweight spiked shoe... sometimes the same as the track shoe.

My coaches pointed out that the best shoe for you really does depend on your foot shape and gait, mostly how axis-aligned the inner edge of your foot is, the width at the ball/toes, the curve of the edge of your toes, the height/shape of your instep, your arch, the pronation...

Then, there's how you run and the event... for 1.5 miles you should really be running almost entirely on your ball/toes of your feet (unless descending), so you wouldn't need massive heavy gel heels... but for training (longer distance days) you'd want the added heel cushioning.

I used to run 3 mile cross-country, 110m hurdles, 300m hurdles, 400m, 4x400m, sometimes 200m, long jump, triple jump...

For all the track events, when competing, I used proper track shoes (ones with threaded removeable spikes) that weighed about as much as a calculator lol... they were almost always Asics

As much as a calculator far too heavy :P

1.5 mile times don't have any I do metric events killometers. The only timed runs I did were 1500mm and some 3km runs for cross-country sub 5 for the 1500 and sub 11 for the 3k

Well as silly as this may sould to you all, I used to do race walking and my officaial pb for 5km was 23.23.54. So I want to ask you guys what is your pb for a 3 mile run?

Edited by Stonerboy779

3 miles I used to do in 17m Xs... I think once or twice I got 16m Xs

I want to know your time for the 1500mm race! :lol: 0.2s?

16mins very nice :thumbsup:

1500m walk or run?

Don't remember run pb (4 something :dunno:) but when I trained for race walking, If wasn't doing sub 7 in training it was a bad night. When I did piramid training, it was 200m ~45sec, 400m ~100sec(1min40sec), 800m ~230sec(3min50), 1000m ~290sec(4min50sec)

Pb when I last did it was 6.50 flat out in training but officail haven't done it since i was 15 and it was 7.25, both times are slow. My 5k wasn't too slow for my age since I came 2nd at nationals but the aussie record for 5ks(~3.1miles) held by someone I have raced with (wrong word race, was flat out beaten by) him. As his time is 18.51 which is beyond insane imo I can only just run it better than that on a good day. He can casualy do 20mile in just over 2 hours, 7min miles 20 in a row, without breaking contact with the ground or bending knees.