Duke Nukem Forever, what are your opinions?

neddamttocs

22 members have voted

1. 1. Duke Nuken: Forever, what are your opinions?

• Havent Played It
    • Dont Intent to Play It

With the release of Duke Nukem Forever and about a month of play time for those that have it, we would like to know your opinions of the game. Was it good, bad, or something else?

We would like you to rate the game on a scale of 1 to 10 and leave any thoughts about it here!

I gave it a 4 . It was really stupid and only built on the fame of Duke which doesnt help. if you havent played the original Duke 3d (I think it was called ?)

Then you will probably not enjoy it

5 from me. i haven't played it in over a month. it just wasn't that fun / funny IMO. load times are far too long for this day and age. everytime you die you have to sit through another long load. not very much was memorable about it. 6-8hr SP depending on how fast your pc is and how many times you die.

see my other post here for more of my opinion.

if you like your shooters modern and realistic like BC2, then you'll most likely hate this. if you like that old school unrealistic Unreal Tournament feel, then you might like it.

Edited by bilcliff

Well the sounds are nothing special. Poor in most of the situations.

Graphics are not good for nowdays. Specially because it have some special effecs that when turned on the image gets very blurred/foggy. That special effect is not well made at all (I dont remember the name of it).

Playability is EASY to aim, kill, etc. Not a good or bad factor, Is kinda ok for an ARCADE.

Entertainment well is pretty fun to play it. I get entertained watching the environment, dialogues and funny stuff around, not killing monsters definitely. Story could be better to make more interesing to KILL instead joking around.

And considering they took 10 years to make it I could give it a 6 MAX (and I'm gifting 1 point because is so hilarous)

ps: i played the duke 3d demo back then

I was a HUGE fan back in the day of Duke3d. Largely entertaining for me as a kid and gave plenty of laughs. This one, maybe because I've "grown up", but I could only give it a 5. The story is "meh", basically all of the same ideas, there aren't a lot of dynamics, etc. I guess you could say the same about the original Duke 3d, but games have come a long way and I expected a lot more.

I haven't beaten it. I'm probably about half-way through. Once I finish I may come back and update my score if my opinion changes at all.

Completely over the top, chauvanistic and full of douchebag commentary. Gameplay is pretty straight-forward and by that I mean if you get stuck you must be slow. Weapons are fun, and overall I enjoyed the single player campaign. I gave it a 9 lol

A lot of people expected this to be a super amazing game, but they forget it went through god knows how many studios for 12 years. I'm surprised the game A) made it to shelves, and B) was playable at all.