Best TIM?

well its super hot these days and i have about 30C+ ambients. My H50 with push pull is idling at 46C so i was thinking id replace the thermal compound and get myself a new case. What would be the best TIM out there? ive been using arctic silver 5 forever and im pretty sure temps could be better with something else. Also im using an antec tricool and the regular corsair fan for push pull are there any better fans that are quiet u guys would reccomend?

Edited by Tazman167

Changing the TIM won't make a huge difference. Between all the available TIMs you'll only see maybe a 1-3 temp difference in cases the TIM is applied correctly.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/shx2thco1gr.html

This was the last TIM I bought. May have actually been a different model but it was from Shin Etsu. Can't check since i'm at work.

You def can't go wrong with any TIM from Shin Etsu......with that said Corsair uses Shin Etsu as the stock TIM for the H50 :thumbsup:

well in that case would you be able to reccomend me a set of fans that will help my H50 perform better without breaking the bank? i really dont wana spend $50 on noctua fans lol since i bout the H50 for only $40

My favorite is the Arctic Cooling MX-2. No curing time, non-electrically conductive, very gooey makes it easy to spread yet not too runny. Also awesome performance. The MX-4 is it's big brother, and it just won XSReview's 'TIM Roundup' for performance and price http://xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/coolers/thermal-grease-tim-round-up-six-times-the-grease/

well in that case would you be able to reccomend me a set of fans that will help my H50 perform better without breaking the bank? i really dont wana spend $50 on noctua fans lol since i bout the H50 for only $40

I use these Scythe Slipstream fans on my rad, 110CFM and 37db. They are louder than most 120mm fans, but not as loud as others. I am much more concerned with performance than I am noise, so they don't bother me at all, especially when I am wearing a headset in game :evilgrin: You should also see a decent temp drop moving to a higher cfm fan like this, which will usually give you some additional OCing headroom!

Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 136 CFM fans are around $10. They are high decibel but if you adjust them through your bios or speedfan, you can run them daily at 1200-2000RPM's.......

Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 136 CFM fans are around $10. They are high decibel but if you adjust them through your bios or speedfan, you can run them daily at 1200-2000RPM's.......

These are good fans as well, but they are wider than normal 120mm fans (38mm vs 25mm), so if you are going to use these, make sure you have the room in your case! I know 2 Ultra Kaze fans on the H50 rad in push/pull would not fit on the rear exhaust fan mount on my Antec 900 due to the width.

I use these Scythe Slipstream fans on my rad, 110CFM and 37db. They are louder than most 120mm fans, but not as loud as others. I am much more concerned with performance than I am noise, so they don't bother me at all, especially when I am wearing a headset in game :evilgrin: You should also see a decent temp drop moving to a higher cfm fan like this, which will usually give you some additional OCing headroom!

those look great and good price i can get 2 for $18 im gonna go with those and might even put 2 on top of the storm enforcer i plan on getting really soon