-psu: Corsair TXV2 750w

- Phenom 4955BE stock at 3.2ghz

- Rad: Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer + Noctua NFP12

-Case: CM 690 II Advanced (black)

-Graphics: 5870 Sapphire Vapor X OC Edition CrossfireX

-Motherboard : GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3

-HD: Seagate RAID0 SATA2 1TO

-Memory 4go GSKILL DUAL CHANNEL RIPJAWS 12800

- Cooling: Front Fan(intake), Top fan(exhaust) CM STOCK, Side(intake) and backpanel(exhaust) fans: NoiseBlocker XLPs

My temps :

Idle: GPU1: 38 °C

GPU2: 32°C

Load: Gaming GPU 1(Battlefied BC2, Witcher 2, Shogun 2..) Never over 65° Max 68° once, Furmark Burn in/Extreme 78-9° max

GPU 2 Never over 54° and in furmak never over 72°

CPU: GAMING, never over 53-4°

Thermal paste on CPU: TX2.

On 3Dmark VANTAGE Performance I get 28000Gpu score and only 12000 Cpu ..is that normal ?

Are my temps good ? Do I have Room for overclocking CPU and Cards? Should I buy an fan controller or keep the XLPs in PWM?

ps: Forgot to mention, ambiant temp is about 25°Cs.

Thanks in advance for ur advice..

Edited by ragatam

Your temps are ok. Perhspd 1 card is warmer due to the proximity on the motherboard and lack of air flow. I believe you can take the cards to 90. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Throw the second card in the last slot. I do not think the performance will take a hit but run benchmarks to confirm. The air flow will be better on the second card in the last slot.

Your temps are ok. Perhspd 1 card is warmer due to the proximity on the motherboard and lack of air flow. I believe you can take the cards to 90. Maybe someone can confirm this.

:withstupid: I would feel comfortable with my OC as long as my temps did exceed 90C, when I had my 5870's :thumbsup:

As for your CPU, your fine as long as you keep the temps under 60C. Pretty sure the max is 62C.

I concur. As long as the 5870 GPUs stay around 90 or less then thats fine. CPU 62 or less. If you only have stock coolng in the 690II case then you have an opportunity to add some fans for additional cooling. (up to ten fans in total). Even with two slots in between each GPU my experience is one will be 8 -10 degrees hotter because of limited airflow. More case fans particularly on the side can assist. Looking at your mobo the first two blue PCIe slots are the ones you should use (closest to the CPU).

Just to add to the reason for the second gpu temp being slightly cooler is that in crossfire the second gpu never works on 100% load. The first card outputs the signal, etc... it does more work.

Tx guys!!

I redid the wiring and added a fan and am now under 50° at full load under furmak (burn in test)

The second card even became hotter than the other?! (51)

I'll post photos soon. It looks neat!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my rig Updated:

I oc'ed the proc to 3.5ghz with 1.3vcore It's very stable, temps never go over over 46 ° (Cpu stress test everest)

And cards are very cool (65° tops) in extreme stress tests.

In gaming max i've seen it go is 55°C.

Post your comments!

post-78216-0-64825000-1312109462_thumb.jpg

post-78216-0-72440000-1312109479_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of my rig Updated:

I oc'ed the proc to 3.5ghz with 1.3vcore It's very stable, temps never go over over 46 ° (Cpu stress test everest)

And cards are very cool (65° tops) in extreme stress tests.

In gaming max i've seen it go is 55°C.

Post your comments!

Nice rig but maybe spend a bit of time and try and rout cables out of site. Your temps are looking good nothing to worry about imho.