Need advice for new mouse

Nyt

Hi guys,

I really need a new mouse . My 1000dpi Microsoft mouse is now around 4-5 years now and is really falling apart :P

I thought of getting the RAT 9 but nobody has stock in my country . I dont want a wired mouse though , only wireless for me .

I want to get the Razer Mamba 3.5G 5600 dpi mouse but theres a 4G version with 6400dpi coming to South Africa in about 3-4 weeks

Should I wait or will 5600dpi to 6400dpi not be so noticable ??

Remember im coming from a 1000dpi mouse :P and Im a gamer so keep that in mind too

Thanks for your help guys :)

Not really :teehee: I cant find a store that has them on show . I wanted the RAT 9 but nobody has it anymore

Im getting my Logitech G19 keyboard tomorrow :)

I've found a store that keeps the RAT 9 :biggrin:

Is that the best choice ? Its really customizable for my hand

I honestly don't know never having tried any of the RAT mice, but I keep hearing that they are awesome

Ive got a RAT 5, and as far as mice go its a really nice mouse, but its not without its problems. Its HIGHLY stactic sensitive, just walking across the carpet and touching it will cause it to stop working and it has to be unplugged and replugged back in to make it work. Actually once i was using it and my cat rubbed against my leg and it quit. The first one I had finally bit the dust after being shocked too many times im guessing (actually shocked is kind of a harsh description, i never felt a shock or saw a spark) RMAd it and they sent me a new one. It acted the same way however ive now got the side screws insulated with scotch tape and have not had a problem with it since. The RAT9, being wireless, might not have the same kind of static problem being as its not grounded, but i just thought id let you know of my experince. Other than the static thing, its a great mouse, the glides work great and its perfectly adjustable (and it looks cool too) and feels great in the hand.

Hey Nyt.

i am a Razer Mamba owner for about 2 years and to tell you in one word the mouse is .....brilliant.

yes it is expensive and does not have as many macro buttons as many of the other but the look , feel , quality is top notch.

you don't notice any delay in tracking from on the cord to off the cord.

just one thing..Razer claims 16 hour battery live ....it does not even come close to that.

just make sure that firmware is up to date.

i would wait for the new one if you decide on the Mamba.has been a few updates and new sensor.

the RAT 9 is also a great one.have read a few reviews on it and all positive.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently got myself a RAT 9 and so far very pleased with it. Feels really good in my hand moves well on the mousepad. Customisable features are very cool i've tried a bunch of different combinations so far and found one thats perfect for me! all the extra accessories and pieces some in a nice metal case to which is handy for keeping it all together. Oh and it looks sick :D. the profile editing software is excellent as well and really easy to use and you can very precisely adjust the dpi to a level that works for watever you're doing!

I can't really comment on the static issue but i've had no problems with that myself, but the only minor con i could mention is probably the battery life - the only other wireless mouse i've owned was a Logitech MX Revolution which was excellent with battery lasting over a week most of the time even with heavy gaming. Sometimes the RAT 9 doesn't even manage a night if im laning/gaming a lot but most of the time i change it every 1-2 days. Having said that, its not a very big issue just cos of the extra battery always at hand and so easy to swap out.