New Computer Build

Reality

I'm planning to buy a new PC and I could use some help...

I have about 1000 Euros for computer and about 300 Euros for monitor.

Main usage would be Gaming, Movies, Music and Internet.

Thought to use:

Intel i7 2600k

atleast 1 Tb hard drive

GTX 570 SLI

6 Gb Memory

24" Full HD monitor

And one other thing... all components must be available to buy from Ireland (www.pixmania.ie or if anyone knows better site, I'm open for sugestions)

Will you be transcoding/encoding/converting alot of movies??

Lol that site is god awful to search through, I'd get the cheapest 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz kit of memory you can.

Get the cheapest 7200rpm harddrive you can

Get two 6970s instead.

I'd aim to get a 1920x1200 monitor if at all possible

Edited by IVIYTH0S

depending what your looking to spend, I would get away from the LGA1155 board and cpu and get an x58 board and i7 if you can swing it, and make sure to get a board that supports x16/x16 on your PCIe slots if your doing 2x570's. I haven't seen any of the LGA1155 boards that support x16/x16 so they will both drop to x8/x8 running 2 cards. If your going to go LGA1155 i'd axe the sli or crossfire and just go with one card and get the best 1 you can. 3gb gtx580 or a gtx590 if you can find one. You really don't need to sli setup unless your going to do the 3 monitors and /or 3way 3d.

Will you be transcoding/encoding/converting alot of movies??

Lol that site is god awful to search through, I'd get the cheapest 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz kit of memory you can.

Get the cheapest 7200rpm harddrive you can

Get two 6970s instead.

I'd aim to get a 1920x1200 monitor if at all possible

+1 except the two 6970's. I prefer my dual GTX 570's over my dual 6970's. :P

Looked it up and found that GTX 590 costs 700 euros and GTX 580 costs 470 euros.

So how much better is the 590 for that price?

I'd still look for Nvidia because I'd like to keep an "open window" for future when I want to go over to 3D

Edited by Reality

Looked it up and found that GTX 590 costs 700 euros and GTX 580 costs 470 euros.

So how much better is the 590 for that price?

I'd still look for Nvidia because I'd like to keep an "open window" for future when I want to go over to 3D

it's not that it's that much better performance wise, but it does allow you to run 3 monitor on 1 card, because it is essentually 2x 580's on one card in sli already. 2 seperate 580's will likely run better out of the box, because the 590 is underclocked a little on each of the gpus, but you can clock em back up and its virtualy the same.

The main thing with the 590's is they are RARE! they were a limited edition card, so it's hard to find them.

Edited by Mikesnow

No need for multi monitors... atleast for now. Thought about buying about 40-50" LED TV for it but for now it's just a thought.

which would only be 1920x1080 and therefore easily manageable by just one 570 or 6970 :). So I guess get just one 570

yup one card is plenty for just one monitor. and if your wanting to go with the 3d this is a fine monitor

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/6960954/art/asus/vg236he-23-tft-screen-3d.html

I bought the one that came with the glasses and ir emitter it was about 100 bucks us more then just the monitor, but don't look like that site has any that come in the kit.