To go SLI, or not to go SLI?

MJCRO

Got the my check waiting to clear UGH :( I wanna just order these parts already but, I got the Z68X-UD7, RAM, and case ready to order and the 2600K is chilling on my shelf. Hopefully the parts will be here in 2 days if they get shipped from NJ hopefully :)

I'm wondering, should I pick up another GTX 470 and just SLI these bad boys on the UD7, considering that I looked up online they probably have a refurbished or open box PNY GTX 470 in Microcenter by me in Yonkers for $143.97. So I'm thinking should I go for it? That is really dirt cheap IMO.

Edited by MJCRO

Lol, that's actually a good question, I mean IDK, should I? Lmao. I game on occasion, but when I do, I go hard. So I'm thinking why not? Lol, that is a good price, if not I can probably go on eBay and grab one for ~200.

Edited by MJCRO

YONKERS! That's a good deal for a 470, especially brand new!

I'd go for it, just say bye bye to your overclocking lol

Lmaoo, yeah Cross County shopping center FTW. You think it's worth it IVI, I mean I doubt my XFX 750W would last any long with 2 of those power hungry cards? 0_o

Pick up a corsair 850 watt and the card.

It's not a matter of whether you need sli or not its if you want too. "If you want it and got the goods to get it go for it" :thumbsup:

Pick up a corsair 850 watt and the card.

It's not a matter of whether you need sli or not its if you want too. "If you want it and got the goods to get it go for it" :thumbsup:

Haha! True quote! You know what, I'll hold it off for a little while, I wanna get my new upgrade nice and settled this weekend :) and then we'll go from there! THANKS Y'ALL thumbsup3.gif

Ivy, regarding your comment about not being able to OC in SLI...

Just because you have an sli set-up does not mean you have to say bye bye to your Overclock. For forever and a day I have had my GTX480's overclocked to 800hmz-1600mhz-2000mhz. Yes you will produce allot more and you sometimes cannot get the same OC if you were single card but what really matters is the case and if its SLI friendly. If its SLI friendly then the game will not change much. Just maybe a SLIGHT reduction in the OC if you have your case configured properly

Ivy, regarding your comment about not being able to OC in SLI...

Just because you have an sli set-up does not mean you have to say bye bye to your Overclock. For forever and a day I have had my GTX480's overclocked to 800hmz-1600mhz-2000mhz. Yes you will produce allot more and you sometimes cannot get the same OC if you were single card but what really matters is the case and if its SLI friendly. If its SLI friendly then the game will not change much. Just maybe a SLIGHT reduction in the OC if you have your case configured properly

I was referring to the fact that his PSU would explode indefinitely. If it could even sustain the two stock power whores lol