Need help on placement of case fans

I got the HAF 922, so I need some fans to put in the side of the case.

What fans are good and should they be exhaust or intake?

Use cooler master R4 fans.

And remember the 4 rules about HAF case fans

1.Side is always intake

2.Front is always intake

3.top is always exhaust

4.back is always exhaust.

Depends on the video cards. If your using front intake rear exhaust video cards then use the side fans as exhaust and if your using middle intake and everywhere inside exhaust use them as intakes. Everything else exhaust. If you put r4s in the side panel the I would recommend putting three exhausts of the same flavor in the top also.

It turns out that the companies, who sell it, has to order it from CoolerMaster before I can get it. So I'm looking for some alternatives. Preferably with red light in them, so they match my front fan. It doesn't have to be specific fans. Just manufacturers and experience with them.

Edited by Ecofriendly

everyone feels different regarding over/underpressure and makes and models of fans.

slipstream is the only fan name i can remember right now.

Boinker usually recommends underpressure, and he has really awesome temps on his tri-sli 480s.

But i am certain that overpreassure should be best (especially with rear exhausting video card) but he is a counter example to my theory.

everyone feels different regarding over/underpressure and makes and models of fans.

slipstream is the only fan name i can remember right now.

Boinker usually recommends underpressure, and he has really awesome temps on his tri-sli 480s.

But i am certain that overpreassure should be best (especially with rear exhausting video card) but he is a counter example to my theory.

Thanks for the boost medbor. I'm on the fence as far as that goes and I'm getting my dragon ready to do some testing for keeps. I would like to find out what's the most important so far as case fans go between cfm and direction. One thing that is leaned on heavily that will effect temperature is the air intake air temp. With a million factors working against that theory I'm going to test in different enviorments to find out what is really best. Right now I can tell you that if your case sits in a corner, in the center of a room, or under a table the fans best direction will change. There are too many factors to count to give a good guess bit for the most part IMHO front only intake will work well in any certain situation. If your top and rear fans can keep pace. I'm also going to be monsterfying my haf932 like the dragon to see if I can top the performance mark as the hat is not slightly friendly compaired to my modded dragon. LOL. Ill keep You guys informed.

Edit: Okay so I don't understand the physics, but I don't think the pressure really matters that much. The biggest factors are the initial air temperature and the relative humidity.

Edit: Okay so I don't understand the physics, but I don't think the pressure really matters that much. The biggest factors are the initial air temperature and the relative humidity.

Those of course matter, but a fan will more easily move air from high pressure to low (so if you have your heatsink in between it should be best)

Edited by medbor

I'm gonna go for intake fans I think, because of the placement of my case compared to the window and door in my room.

Is my 200mm fans on the top good enough or would 2x 120mm fans be better? Read somewhere else that 2x 120mm fans works better.

I'm gonna go for intake fans I think, because of the placement of my case compared to the window and door in my room.

Is my 200mm fans on the top good enough or would 2x 120mm fans be better? Read somewhere else that 2x 120mm fans works better.

Compare the CFM ratings of the fans and see which ones you'd rather have.

Larger fans tend to have about the same CFM as a combination of smaller ones, but the thing is that they are usually a lot quieter.

Those of course matter, but a fan will more easily move air from high pressure to low (so if you have your heatsink in between it should be best)

I was thinking more about the effect of the pressure on the rate of the change in the air's enthalpy