Changing the cpu of a Laptop?

if you already have it, just test it, but i don't think its worth the money to gamble.

look what chipset you have and look for which processors are coupled with it in other models.

it will probably work though i would not risk it if i didn't have it already.

Side note:

I have a compac mini 700 which according to the manual and specifications cant hanle 2gb ram sticks, but my local store said we could try it and that i didn't have to buy it if it didn't work. Ask a nice store person to do the same (although you will probably have to take it apart yourself)

Did the ram sticks work, I want to know if the story has a happy ending :teehee:

Did the ram sticks work, I want to know if the story has a happy ending :teehee:

sorry forgot to say that, yes!!

Now it has 2GB ram instead of 1GB. Still Atom and XP so it sux, but way less now!

I recently cleaned my Toshiba A135 laptop. HOLY CRAP, there was a wall of dust between the fins and the fan, meaning there was no airflow at all.

Here's what I did (probably similar)

1. Remove all the screws on the bottomthe laptop

2. Remove the HD, RAM, Drives, and battery

3. Remove plastic covers

4. If any remove bezel, to access keyboard and its guts

5. Remove keyboard, and connections and be gentle with the connections

6. Unscrew the screws for the screen and remove it

7. Using a guitar pick or something thin, go along the case and separate the top and bottom

8. Once separated, you'll see the motherboard. Remove screws if any left and take the motherboard out of the bottom half.

9. Remove heatsink/cooler and you have your cpu! Same thing as deskptop (unless its soldered in, then you cant't D:)

10. Reverse steps for assembly

I did this to my Toshiba A200

I went to the website found out my model, which is midrange, looked at the top of the line of my model field, made sure they have the same motherboard, which they did. So i upgraded to that cpu, which l just happen to find on kijiji a few days later.

Also made sure that the ram,fps,heatsink could all handle the new cpu.

So l went from a intel T2310 to a Core 2 T5450. Big jump