Opinions on XSPC wc kit

Nyt

I have 2 of them on my sr2 build with a full coverage block 1 on the chipset and the other on the 5620's. I have had them at 4gz and never broke out of the 40c range on them. Imo they are a great buy no problems at all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks Wevs . Hopefully the pump will live for quite a while :P Else I'll just buy a seperate res and get a MCP655 pump with new barbs and fittings for 1/2 ID tubing :P

That's my setup exactly - and I'm very pleased with it. So would certainly be an option....................

This kit is costing me $315 in converted currency so it better be worth it.

Wow, 2x the cost is crazy! Why not have an OCC member help you out on this one. $150 + shipping to South Africa would be closer to $200, instead of $315 :whistling:

I hope this is going on your i7 Nyt ;) Even though I am assuming this is going in that WC project build :wacko: But, I think for the value, this is a great WC kit, and XSPC makes solid WC products :thumbsup:

Wow...I'd hate to see how much a better water cooling loop would cost. I wouldn't pay over $300 for this kit, but I don't know your alternatives either. Crazy stuff

The PC component markup overseas is already bad, but building a custom WC loop overseas is CRAZY expensive!

Wow...I'd hate to see how much a better water cooling loop would cost. I wouldn't pay over $300 for this kit, but I don't know your alternatives either. Crazy stuff

Dude thats nothing , due to import costs and stuff my two 580's ended up costing me $1572 lol

Everything is expensive here even good beer ... Not that I would know :whistling: Lol jk

Okay ordered it today and should arrive this week after I pay for it :)

I've got a spare 120.2 Swiftech rad which I saved for my other build , should I add that to my loop ? Im only cooling the cpu and is the X20 pump powerful enough ? Thanks

No need to add the extra radiator until you start adding stuff to your loop. Since you're only water cooling your cpu right now, the single radiator will be more than adequate.

Congrats on the new parts!

Thanks Wevs :)

I'm thinking of importing a couple items in the future : A couple Swiftech universal gpu blocks for my 580's along with some nice thicker tubing with black barbs and fittings and high quality red uv coolant with cold cathodes with an RX360 rad and an additional rad box to still be able to use the original 360mm rad . But thats in the future as all my funds are now depleted :P

Unless you can put a couple slots between the cards, I would go with full cover blocks. I tried the universal blocks with my 3 580's and couldn't get them to fit with the normal 2 slot spacing, plus it is a lot easier to link full cover blocks together in SLI

Congrats on your new parts though. I think once you try water you are going to be hooked, especially with the GPU's, going from 70c-80c load temps at stock voltage to 60c load temps at 1.2v

I've got 3 slots between the two 580's . Full cover blocks are just too expensive + I'll probably get Keplar late 2012 . I'll also get 90 degree fittings for the Swiftech blocks.

Im more looking forward to reduced i7 temps and when Bulldozer come I hope to get 8 cores at 5GHz with a bigger rad :biggrin: