Intermediate Gamer Build

Well, since you're not dead set on Asus I'm going to recommend that you look towards Gigabyte or ASRock.

With a special nod going to the ASRock offerings. Their P67 boards are being well received and the majority of reviews I've seen are outstanding - especially considering the price/performance/feature set ratio.

I know that you can't order from Newegg in South Africa - but I'm going to give you a link to a board that I think is worthy of consideration if you can find one in your locale.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157229

I also like the Extreme6 version of that board too.

No I'm not dead set on Asus. If you have a better suggestion on the mobo I'll definitely look into that.

Don't want to get something that will give me problems and has known issues.

I'm going for the coolermaster 212+ and MUKii asroc plus asc-750AB - 750w power supply.

Any idea when the Bulldozers are coming out?

Unfortunately it's either kingston, corsair, transcend or adata. And of these the kingston is about the cheapest.

I've changed the p8p67-m to p8p67-le

I can get a 6870 for $16 more, should i rather take that?

Get the Kingstons then, is that MUKii brand good over there?? They don't sell them there so I don't know whether that's a reputable PSU company.

the 212+ will be plenty for a SB chip

Are you buying locally or online?? If the latter, show me the link so I can try and pick out some parts for ya

Get the Kingstons then, is that MUKii brand good over there?? They don't sell them there so I don't know whether that's a reputable PSU company.

the 212+ will be plenty for a SB chip

Are you buying locally or online?? If the latter, show me the link so I can try and pick out some parts for ya

I've been looking at several online shops, but I also have access to hardware dealers.

http://www.rebeltech.co.za/

http://www.prophecy.co.za/

The two main online shops I've been looking at.

To give you an idea when adding items to a basket or so, the budget will be around R8000. The parts on both sites cost only little more that from dealers though.

Thanks for the help.

Eco, I have had problems with putting my computer to sleep. At times it would not wake up at all, at times it would work fine, and then it would wake up to a crash and fail to detect my hard drive without a cold reboot. Reinstalling Windows has fixed the issue, but I never had the problem with my old MSI P67.

Yes, I tried that.

It ended up working for a day or two. Woke up from sleep instantly with the click of a mouse. I patted myself on the back and thought that I was a genius.

Then a day or two later I go to wake it up, and the monitor never turns back on. PC is on, fans are spinning, but monitor stays black. Pressing 'restart' brings me to a screen asking me to insert boot disc- going into BIOS shows me that my primary HDD is not being detected (only optical and data drive).

I power down, turn back on, and there is my drive again. Select the drive to boot, and logging into Windows it either freezes right away, or when I try to open a program. Freeze leads to a BSOD, and upon restarting drive is not detected again.

Reformat drive, reinstall W7, and it works like a charm again. I just shut it down now...

Yes, I tried that.

It ended up working for a day or two. Woke up from sleep instantly with the click of a mouse. I patted myself on the back and thought that I was a genius.

Then a day or two later I go to wake it up, and the monitor never turns back on. PC is on, fans are spinning, but monitor stays black. Pressing 'restart' brings me to a screen asking me to insert boot disc- going into BIOS shows me that my primary HDD is not being detected (only optical and data drive).

I power down, turn back on, and there is my drive again. Select the drive to boot, and logging into Windows it either freezes right away, or when I try to open a program. Freeze leads to a BSOD, and upon restarting drive is not detected again.

Reformat drive, reinstall W7, and it works like a charm again. I just shut it down now...

I've actually heard this issue from users of OCZ Vertex 2, but not from Agility 2 (that I know of).

Not sure if that's the issue, or if it's the board.

And I'd definitely recommend ASRock. I had my motherboard die after 6 weeks, but they were really quick and easy to set me up for my RMA. Now if I could just stop being lazy and get down to a store so I can ship it back.......