LiteOn or Pioneer

hey guy,

which dvd drive would be better Pioneer or LiteOn. i will be using this dvd drive for gaming, i want to know which one is more reliable, doesn't shake the computer, which one is more quiet and which on looks better.

Thank you

PS i'm using this drive in someone elses Pc im building :thumbsup:

Edit: Crap i think i wrote this in the wrong category :typing:

Edited by TCcomputers29

This should be the right section imo.

I had a LiteOn in my previous build, but after I merc'd it off, I put in a (Sony) Optiarc in my P67 build.

The LiteOn was a good drive, though I do not have experience with a Pioneer drive.

This should be the right section imo.

I had a LiteOn in my previous build, but after I merc'd it off, I put in a (Sony) Optiarc in my P67 build.

The LiteOn was a good drive, though I do not have experience with a Pioneer drive.

ThanX :cheers:

they are both the same prive would you say the pioneer would be better

PS. was the LiteOn noisey or quite, did it shake your PC?

From peronal experience I've seen 3 Lite-On drives die.

Pioneer/Plextor on the other hand are fantastic. My new Samsung and Asus drives have been awesome as well.....just don't go Lite-On and you'll be alright

From peronal experience I've seen 3 Lite-On drives die.

Pioneer/Plextor on the other hand are fantastic. My new Samsung and Asus drives have been awesome as well.....just don't go Lite-On and you'll be alright

thank you

how long before they died?

Two died machines I built for others and the one that came in a prebuilt died but I don't remember how long each lasted.

Why just those two? Pioneer are often more costy in comparison

Two died machines I built for others and the one that came in a prebuilt died but I don't remember how long each lasted.

Why just those two? Pioneer are often more costy in comparison

Would LG be a good brand?, why or how is pioneer a good brand? :thumbsup:

Yes I think I've used LG drives in the past and haven't found any issue with them. I know Pioneer and Plextor are interchangable and I grew up learning that Plextors were the best so I had maybe 2 or 3 during my first computers. They never failed me, never misburned or misread anything. Usually the only difference between Plextor and Pioneer drives is that the Plextors come with more bundled crap :lol: (I learned this years later) .

Now I will try any drive manufacturer (that isn't Lite-On), and have come to love the S223 series from Samsung for their hackability (which the Plextor/Pioneer may or may not have supported) which lets them run region-free, unlock more speed, and a few other things!

You really can't go wrong with anything else besides Lite-On, and they're usually the same price as a Samsung or Sony drive anyway.

i will tell you right now lite-on is junk. its also an OEM for Sony so don't be fooled. i had 4 sitting here that don't read discs anymore. now LG is very good for the price. last i checked pioneer was the best but like double the price of everyone else (not worth it).

i will tell you right now lite-on is junk. its also an OEM for Sony so don't be fooled. i had 4 sitting here that don't read discs anymore. now LG is very good for the price. last i checked pioneer was the best but like double the price of everyone else (not worth it).

good to know! matSHITa its true to part of it's name ;) but I don't think they make desktop burners, but my old HP laptop had it's matSHITa drive die out.

Lite On Drives used to be good, but, as everyone says, they are no good now. One of my LiteOn DVD-RW's cannot read DVDs any more, which sucks. Switched to a Sony Optiarc (Not Sony - That is different, and, crap) and its awesome. No bad burns, reads all I throw at it, and, looks unassuming. Oh, and if I am not mistaken, HP and Asus are just Liteon clones.