Car Mod Thread -- PICTURES!

BluePanda

Heatgun or Hairdryer would be the next best bet then lol!

Sucks with the corner lights.

Hey something else you could do if your bored. Add some LED's in to your sidemaker/reflectors and wire them up to the blinker system.

Kind of a neat addon you see on newer cars.

We dropped by TigerTown Graphics in downtown Clemson today - they're going to cut us a custom size Clemson vinyl for $20. :cool2:

Here's what it should look like:

I like the LED idea but I really don't want to buy even more parts. :teehee:

Edited by Waco

Looking good.

What exactly do you mean by tail bluepanda?

A stuffed tiger tail... lol. Almost like a costume tail but designed to hang out the trunk... kinda like this:

tiger.jpg

Well we did get a bit done today. We did touch-up work between the panels and in hard to reach places. The taillights for both the Chevy TIGER and my Cobalt are tinted with a single coat of VHT Nite-Shades. I don't know what happened with my reverse lights / reflectors...but they're all screwed up. The VHT did something funny to the plastic and even after sanding it all off (what a freakin' pain) the damn stuff cracked and messed them up again. I elected to simply paint the reflector black and I'll throw enough coats of clear on top of it to even out the odd finish that the VHT did. I've never had lacquer act like this. :dunno:

Anyway, PICTURES!

TigerTown Graphics came though - about an hour after I talked to them and emailed them my measurements they had the vinyl complete. Talk about turnaround time! Here's the graphic along with the tiger tail that'll hang from the middle of the trunk.

DSCN2043.JPG

Here are the taillights after a single coat of VHT Nite-Shades and a coat of clear to make them shiny again:

DSCN2044.JPG

...and here are the ones from my Cobalt (they are MUCH darker in person, the flash really lights them up):

DSCN2045.JPG

The reverse lights for my Cobalt (that got screwed up) are black around the sides (the center is taped off). When the black dries I'll pull the tape up and throw a couple coats of clear on them.

DSCN2046.JPG

The storage table. We're in the process of packing to move and everything ended up either under or on it. BUY SOME OF THE STUFF IN PANDA'S THREAD. :lol:

DSCN2047.JPG

The VHT and the clear we're using...

DSCN2048.JPG

The hubcaps all happy together as a family. :D

DSCN2049.JPG

Car parts in the living room? I love my fiancée for allowing me to do crap like this. :lol:

DSCN2050.JPG

And here's what we spent about an hour tearing out of her fender...the stupid resonator for the air intake. I see no point in them, the growl an engine makes is often far better sounding than the craptacular exhaust notes for many cars. THIS THING IS MADE BY SATAN. My hands are torn up and I nearly punched a hole in the fender sawing, cutting, and ripping this damn thing out. However, on a better note, the car actually makes some noise when you hit the gas now. :D

DSCN2051.JPG

The whole thing is finally coming together. If the weather holds tomorrow we'll get the whole car wet-sanded with 2000 grit sandpaper and if there's time we'll get to the polishing compound. Wax will probably follow in a few days. Once it's wet-sanded and polished we'll put all the parts back on the car minus the front marker lights. Those we'll have to wait for USPS to get the new ones to us...they're coming from California but they are supposed to get here on next Tuesday or Wednesday.