ocing 965 with a d 14

4.1 ghz, 1.55v, prime 95 for about 30 minutes bsod, temps maxed a 61 on one core 60 on the other 3,

4.0 ghz, 1.55v, prime 95 about 10 minutes so far, temps 60 all cores

25 minutes still going strong, 61, on all cores, but they were at 62 for a moment

as i was editing that update it hit 63 but is back down to 61

edit again all cores are holding at 63, if it doesnt go down soon i will stop the test

Edited by camaro_dude15

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your room temp actually 68*F or is that just the reading on the A/C? Your temps don't really seem all that bad for the warmer weather IMO, but if your room temp is ACTUALLY 68*F then you are running warm IMO. I'm running a C3 125w 965 with a D14 @ 3.8 w/ 1.41v 24/7 and I'm in about 78*F ambient room temp right now and I idle @ 36*C and under full load I'm around 51*C. During the winter time I was idling @ roughly 25*C and hitting about 38*C full load. I'm sure having those two GPU's in there isnt helping much, what are the temps on those?

edit: this was aimed @ your original stock temps, your 60+ degree temps @ 4.0ghz+ are not healthy at all if you want a long life for that 965!

Edited by mpj

Is your room temp actually 68*F or is that just the reading on the A/C? Your temps don't really seem all that bad for the warmer weather IMO, but if your room temp is ACTUALLY 68*F then you seem a bit warm. I'm running a C3 125w 965 with a D14 @ 3.8 w/ 1.41v 24/7 and I'm in about 78*F ambient room temp right now and I idle @ 36*C and under full load I'm around 51*C. During the winter time I was idling @ roughly 25*C and hitting about 38*C full load. I'm sure having those two GPU's in there isnt helping much, what are the temps on those?

my room temps are probably a lot closer to yours, 78F, and i need to change my signature, i put that 8800gt in my brothers pc, the temp on the gts 450 is 43c, its idling and i keep all my fans going as fast as they will go, even the one on the gpu

post-72816-13061109177964_thumb.png

ok i didnt see your edit, initially my room temps were low, my dad was out of town so i got to control the ac, now he is back and he shut it off for a while, so room temps where about 85 , now ac is on and temps about 75. i do not plan to leave this clocked like this, and i think prime 95 runs your cpu (especially when set to large fft) hotter than what i would use it for, folding

Edited by camaro_dude15

about an hour and a half is stable enough to prove my point,

Mythos, i can clock it to 4.0, 1.55v acording to cpuz, 1.65 in the bios, and it will hit 63, but stay at 62 for the most part, room temp is about 75-80, idles at 38

about an hour and a half is stable enough to prove my point,

Mythos, i can clock it to 4.0, 1.55v acording to cpuz, 1.65 in the bios, and it will hit 63, but stay at 62 for the most part, room temp is about 75-80, idles at 38

Hmm that's so odd, I'm sort of thinking that may the temps are inaccurate... I always heard that Phenoms usually get massively unstable when they reach the max recommended safe temp.

mpj is proof of my point that your temps are very high for the chip, though his voltages are alot lower... see if you can stabilize 4.0ghz with any less voltage. (if you can't stabilize it at the same volts as him than I attribute everything to it just not being a great clocker)

Hmm that's so odd, I'm sort of thinking that may the temps are inaccurate... I always heard that Phenoms usually get massively unstable when they reach the max recommended safe temp.

mpj is proof of my point that your temps are very high for the chip, though his voltages are alot lower... see if you can stabilize 4.0ghz with any less voltage. (if you can't stabilize it at the same volts as him than I attribute everything to it just not being a great clocker)

do you want me to try to reproduce mpj's 3.8

if it makes you feel any better my 1075t is sitting at 20c idle according at HW and the MSI software in room temps of 75f all stock on a Zalman 9700 at 25% fan (1333 rpm) on cheap white goo with cool case ventilation...

I am thinking of cranking it up to 3.6ghz to see what temps do...

3.8ghz, 1.45v, 53c full load,

i turned all my fans off then i waited for it to reach 60c, then cranked all the fans up, and it dropped to 53, and after almost 10 minutes its been staying right there

i have .04 more volts than mpj and only 2 degrees warmer, i guess i got a little volt happy at 4.0, and its un comfortably warm in my office so the ambient air still might be my problem, i quess reseating the cooler, fixing my fans, and breaking in my compound by heating it up and cooling it down helped, i am now finally happy with my temps, so happy that if i am 16 hour stable with prime 95, then i will just keep these settings