Steam Daily Deals

Avinexis

Democracy 3 at 50% off: $12.49. DLC also on sale.

Weekend Sale:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition at 66% off: $6.79.

The Witcher franchise is now available for SteamOS and Linux, so it is 80% off: $1.99 and $3.99 for the two games. (Witcher 1 OCC Review, Witcher 2 OCC Review)

So every time The Witcher franchise goes on sale, I'm tempted to pick up W2, but seeing as I never finished W1, I hold off; after all, it's literally discounted every single sale for $4.99, so I knew I could always pick it up whenever I was ready for it. Now it's the cheapest it's ever been? SOLD! The funny thing is, I was just thinking less than a week ago: I'm going to buy W2 next sale no matter what because I want to check out the REDkit

Sweet. I've been waiting for Dark Souls to go on sale.

Only grab it is you have a good controller to use! Even though there are KBM controls and even a fan-made hack to improve them, they're still abysmal compared to a controller.

You can read my impressions in my Razer Sabertooth review: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/razer_sabertooth/6.htm (second game on that page)

Democracy 3 at 50% off: $12.49. DLC also on sale.

Weekend Sale:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition at 66% off: $6.79.

The Witcher franchise is now available for SteamOS and Linux, so it is 80% off: $1.99 and $3.99 for the two games. (Witcher 1 OCC Review, Witcher 2 OCC Review)

So every time The Witcher franchise goes on sale, I'm tempted to pick up W2, but seeing as I never finished W1, I hold off; after all, it's literally discounted every single sale for $4.99, so I knew I could always pick it up whenever I was ready for it. Now it's the cheapest it's ever been? SOLD! The funny thing is, I was just thinking less than a week ago: I'm going to buy W2 next sale no matter what because I want to check out the REDkit

Sweet. I've been waiting for Dark Souls to go on sale.

Only grab it is you have a good controller to use! Even though there are KBM controls and even a fan-made hack to improve them, they're still abysmal compared to a controller.

You can read my impressions in my Razer Sabertooth review: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/razer_sabertooth/6.htm (second game on that page)

Yup I have an Xbox360 controller. 

And I've actually been playing through The Witcher 1 recently.  Owned it for a long time but never played it.  I got a little frustrated though and currently stuck on killing the beast...I made a Tic Tac container explode after throwing it at the wall...lol :whistling:   I'll be sure to hide my Tic Tacs when playing DS :lol:

The fire-dog thing near the beginning? Yeah, that thing is definitely a pain. Gets better after that though, when you're in the chapters and not just the prologue.

Yeah.  I haven't played in a few days but it killed me like 20 times in a row.  Looks like my options are either go back to an older save and grind out some levels/skills or rage quit.  I don't think I've even got it below half life.

Game Dev Tycoon at 50% off: $4.99.

Anyone actually get this in the past?

Always looks like a gimmicky free flash game on the interwebs -- but yet it makes me always want it for some stupid reason.

MUST RESIST. 

The fire-dog thing near the beginning? Yeah, that thing is definitely a pain. Gets better after that though, when you're in the chapters and not just the prologue.

Yeah.  I haven't played in a few days but it killed me like 20 times in a row.  Looks like my options are either go back to an older save and grind out some levels/skills or rage quit.  I don't think I've even got it below half life.

If you can, drink a healing potion before leaving the cave. Also make use of the Aard sign to knock him down, and focus pretty much on him with strong or fast style (whichever you're more comfortable with). Don't worry about the other hounds nearby, because they just keep getting summoned. If you start to get surrounded, switch to group style. Otherwise just keep focused on the Beast.