New 2500K on Water

Hmm, Thats interesting because I cannot Hold an Idle temperature under 35c Much less a load temp near 40. the last time I saw that I was under A slush bucket run with an Idle of 6c and load of 35c. Oh well, Ill try the HW labs radiators next time I get a new WC system in. For my sake what block are you running?

Hmm, Thats interesting because I cannot Hold an Idle temperature under 35c Much less a load temp near 40. the last time I saw that I was under A slush bucket run with an Idle of 6c and load of 35c. Oh well, Ill try the HW labs radiators next time I get a new WC system in. For my sake what block are you running?

What water cooling gear are you running and what voltages are you at? Do you manually set every voltage, or change the basics / what you understand and leave the rest at "AUTO?" What I have found in my many years of overclocking and water cooling is to never leave any voltages at "auto", no matter how easy it may seem. I manually adjust each voltage to my liking and preference, even when running a stock system.

My first 2500k / P8P67 rig was capable of running a max speed of 4.6GHz. This was due to high temps (Idle ~38C / Load ~85C) on air cooling. I couldn't figure out why my temps were so high and after finally opening my eyes and looking, I found out why. In my hurried use to set the system up I left everything at auto except for the vcore. The system was setting a QPI of 1.25v and PLL voltage of 1.875v and due to LLC I was seeing much higher vcore numbers than I should have been (great way to fix crappy VRM solutions BTW). I manually set my voltages and the temps became under control. Vcore is not the only thing that contributes to high temps and I hope people realize that.

Sorry for the rant...just wanted to put that out there. My system uses an EK Supreme HF with the Indigo Xtreme thermal pad / compound. It's humming right along at 4.8GHz @ 1.38v / QPI @ 1.1v / VCSSA @ 0.975v / PLL @ 1.7v

Thanks

What's odd is that the EK Supreme HF review I read didn't give that great of a temp difference against the Swiftech Apogee XT. That boils it down to the Indigo Xtreme thermal pad or the HWLabs Radiators being the main difference. I think I could get my temps 4C - 6C lower by putting it in a push/pull with fans at 12v's rather than at 5v's (and that's with a Swiftech 120.4 radiator and eight Noctua NF-P12's), but no way I can get those load temps you're getting. :(