New 2500K on Water

I picked up a new 2500k the other day and finally decided to put a system around it to start having some fun. I've only been playing with it for a few hours, but it's been quite fun and the 2500k is by far the easiest chip I've ever had when it comes to overclocking. Enough with the talking though, here you go...

System Specs:

- i5-2500k

- Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 (B3)

- GSkill 1600MHz CL6

- MSI HD 6950 (Shader Unlock)

- Patriot 120GB SSD

Cooling:

- HWLabs GTS 240 Radiator

- HWLabs SR1 120MM Radiator

- EK Supreme HF

- XSPC 750 H2O

- 1/2" ID Tubing

Started straight out for 4.5GHz. Vcore was set at 1.3v and vtt at 1.12v, everything else is auto. Temps are 29C at idle and 38C loaded during Prime95 blend test.

1818974.png

1818974.png

That was easy enough, so next was 4.8GHz. It will boot at 4.8Ghz with 1.35v, but actually needs 1.4v to be set in BIOS due to vdroop. Temps are still great at 32C idle and 42C loaded, so it doesn't worry me.

1817791.png

1817791.png

Next and last jump of the day was 5GHz. Again, the system will boot at 1.425v, but needs 1.45v to be stable and handle Prime95 blend testing and gaming. Temps rose a little to 35C idle and 48C loaded. Those temps are still within range so I'm happy.

1818940.png

1818940.png

My temps are holding really well which leaves headroom for some more. I'm think 5.2GHz 24/7 will be possible if I can keep the vcore around 1.48v or so. I'll also be adding my other 6950 tonight to start having some benchmark fun, but for now its fun playing BFBC2 at 5.0GHz with a single 6950 :)

Thanks and I'll keep this thread updated with my results.

Roughly $350 for the water-cooling stuff. That's including fittings and small items but not fans. The fans add another $40 or so if you go with medium speed fans like I did.

make me want to drive the 18 hours to get my 2600K rig and have some overclocking fun while stuck in blytheville ar but my pump and rad wont be there til tuesday so i cant even til next weekend :cry:

Ther's no way you're getting that low of temps on max load on prime95 blends tests. What are you using to measure your core temps?

48c is prety cool under full load. It could be correct though. To be honest i've never checked what my chip loads at.

Otherwise that's a nice 2500k you have there and it seems like it clocks very well :)

Ther's no way you're getting that low of temps on max load on prime95 blends tests. What are you using to measure your core temps?

I've used RealTemp, HWMonitor, and Gigabyte's Utility to measure temps. All are reporting within 1C of each other. I'm using some of the best radiators on the market with a very potent CPU block, and all of that is mixed in with 70F ambient temps (a plus of having a pregnant wife). I'm running a CPU only loop and have no plans to water-cool the cards in this rig.

I've used RealTemp, HWMonitor, and Gigabyte's Utility to measure temps. All are reporting within 1C of each other. I'm using some of the best radiators on the market with a very potent CPU block, and all of that is mixed in with 70F ambient temps (a plus of having a pregnant wife). I'm running a CPU only loop and have no plans to water-cool the cards in this rig.

Damn, that's very nice! I may need to upgrade my watercooling. :O

Thanks! I've never used HWLabs radiators before this build, but I've been thoroughly impressed with them. I wish I could fit a SR1 240MM in the top of my CM 690 II case but it's just too thick. I also wasn't sure about adding the extra 120MM radiator but it seems to really help add capacity to the system that I didn't have before.