My new PC

SandTiger

Thought i would start this now, and share with you my up and coming build.

So far, i've just ordered my CM 690 II Advanced, and 2x4GB corsair Vengeance, and that's going to do me for a week, till i buy anything else.

This is what i'm upgrading from: A Radeon 9550, 512mb crucial ram and 160gb HDD. That's all i recognised in there. This is a build that my dad made me in like 2004-2005, i think, when all that was top end stuff. lol.

Edited by SandTiger

Thought i would start this now, and share with you my up and coming build.

So far, i've just ordered my CM 690 II Advanced, and 2x8GB corsair Vengeance, and that's going to do me for a week, till i buy anything else.

This is what i'm upgrading from: A Radeon 9550, 512mb crucial ram and 160gb HDD. That's all i recognised in there. This is a build that my dad made me in like 2004-2005, i think, when all that was top end stuff. lol.

You won't be able to see the difference between your old PC and your new one - can you guess that I'm joking?

Why did you order 16GB of ram? Did you make your choice about the processor?

Can't beat the satisfaction of a new build working well from the first on...

2x8gb? *facepalm* Sorry, i meant to say 2x4gb. I'll fix that.

Yeah, i'm getting the I5 2500k.

Sounds good! 2x2GB is generally ok for most gaming / general tasks. Some certain types of computer usage do require more than 4GB. Given the prices, I'd say it's not worth it to get less at this point. 8GB is also pretty cheap nowadays :thumbsup:

Don't forget a 64-bit O/S and a healthy PSU (quality, not quantity!)

:popcorn:

Yeah, i picked up the 8gb Corsair Vengeance for £70. It was the cheapest i found it, so i thought i'd bag that before they jacked the prices up.

I'm going to get AX850 as it's only £20 more than the 750, so it should be more than sufficient for a long while.

Yeah, i picked up the 8gb Corsair Vengeance for £70. It was the cheapest i found it, so i thought i'd bag that before they jacked the prices up.

I'm going to get AX850 as it's only £20 more than the 750, so it should be more than sufficient for a long while.

I'm guessing you can't wait for Bulldozer next month? So far it seems great mate ;)

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I'm guessing you can't wait for Bulldozer next month? So far it seems great mate ;)

To be honest, i havn't been doing much research on Bulldozer, so i'm not too sure on it.

To be honest, i havn't been doing much research on Bulldozer, so i'm not too sure on it.

Well it is going to be a new socket so it is going to stay for a while, the high end processors are quite cheap for their performance based on rumors, one of them is that a sandy bridge i7 @4Ghz gets beaten by a Bulldozer chip @3.5Ghz, also it overclocks its self but doesn't disable any cores unless you activate Power Gate for a bigger increase in clock speeds, we should start seeing reviews soon considering it is less than a month from release...

Cant build a system off of rumors dan.

Looks good so far OP.

I know :( Though I'll be happy if the rumors are true or better :P

Still reviews out to be here in 2 weeks or something...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

I know :( Though I'll be happy if the rumors are true or better :P

Still reviews out to be here in 2 weeks or something...

im looking forward to seeing the fact and not fiction thats been out there on Bulldozer. Im encouraged that AMD has made big improvements in their GPUs recently and Im hoping they are going to make equal improvements in their CPU's. Heres hoping.